Sunday, April 14, 2019

Step Into My Week

Happy Sunday! I know it’s a little odd for a Step Into My Week post to go live any day other than Monday, but with a fun-filled weekend (and more fun to come in the next couple of day) that I plan to share in later posts I thought I’d still give you look into my past week instead of keeping you completely in the dark. Since I’m only focused on my work week, I could go ahead and get this post up today and share a different post tomorrow!

The unthinkable happened Monday morning, I woke up before my alarm ready to go. Talk about the sign of a good week. It probably helped that I went to bed relatively early, but I have become a big fan of the snooze button on my alarm clock so waking up before the first ring seemed impressive. I used that extra time to read for a little bit longer before work. Once I got to work, I did my normal Monday morning routine of answering emails, responding to comments, and catching up on anything that I may have missed over the weekend. I sent emails to our team to get the information I needed for various tasks and was able to write out a ton of social captions throughout the day. The afternoon ended up being filled with phone calls (and an impromptu interview for a college student), and before I knew it, it was 5:00. I got stuck in traffic on my way to the gym which was a bummer, but I am lucky in that my commute is typically in the opposite direction of Birmingham traffic. I met my friend Macy at the Y, and we did the workout that she found below that I believe is originally from @foodfitnessfaith on Instagram. We were drenched by the end of it. I came home and showered so that I’d be ready to camp out on the couch with my roommate to watch the NCAA championship game. Nell came over and joined us, so it served as a fun catch up session for all of us too! I definitely was up past my bedtime and the game going into overtime certainly didn’t help that. 

shop this outfit here

Tuesday morning, I did not wake up before my alarm and instead wanted to stay in bed as long as possible with it raining outside. I made the responsible choice and got up and was at work by 7:00. I was super productive writing copy for upcoming issues that morning before a meeting I had scheduled at 10:00. Meetings end up breaking up my day a good bit, so that was nice. After the meeting, I worked on social posts and other tasks for most of the rest of the day. I went to the Y after work and was in the best mood on my way home. I showered, made dinner, and worked to get ahead on a bunch of blog posts for this coming week since I knew I’d be a bit pre-occupied this weekend and wouldn’t want to have to worry about it while out of town. I finally closed my computer around 10 and read for a little while before falling asleep. 

shop this outfit here

Wednesday was beautiful and warm after the rainy day we had the day before. I was able to do a lot of my work outside on our office’s porch which was such a treat. Most of the work I did was writing copy for an upcoming issue. After work, I had to run an errand and then met my friend Macy for a walk since the weather was so nice. I have no idea how far we walked, but by the time I got home, it was about 7:00. My roommate didn’t have to lead her small group that night, so we were both in a slap-happy mood and decided to watch a movie at home. I can’t even remember the name of the movie, and we were pretty unimpressed and didn’t even finish watching it. Since we both had bachelorettes to pack for this weekend for different friends, we ended up packing for those before going to bed instead of finishing the movie. 

shop this outfit here

Thursday was another pretty day, and I spent most of it scheduling social posts. Since I was headed out of town on Friday, Thursday was my last day in the office and ended up being very productive. I ran some last minute errands during my lunch break and then darted off to Trader Joe’s to get the last bachelorette supplies before heading home and eating and changing quickly to go to my first Birmingham Baron’s game. This was the second game of their season, but the first Thirsty Thursday (aka $2 beer) which I had heard was really popular from friends. My roommate and I went and met some of our friends there. I ended up staying until close to 10:00 and then came home to get to bed before my day of driving on Friday. 

shop this outfit here

I'll be sharing all the details from this past weekend later on and can't wait to fill you in on all the fun we have been having!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished