Monday, April 1, 2019

Step Into My Week

What a week. I had blog posts planned, but somehow they took the back burner as I attempted to accomplish some admin-esque tasks. It’s always funny to me how it feels like I can’t mix the creativity of writing with that but somehow ended up with a long list of ideas for April content. This week posts shouldn’t be quite as scarce which I am excited about and hope you are as well. Let’s tackle what I’ve been up to the past week though for now.

Monday was a bit of a doozy. It was the first time I felt like I “failed” since starting this job and I was the only one who felt that way about the situation. All of the products that we needed for a shoot on Tuesday didn’t come in in time which left me scrambling to try to find fill-in items locally without success. Despite putting pressure on myself to get it figured out it ended up being a good reminder that even though it stinks feeling like you aren’t succeeding, I felt this way all the time last year. So, to have that feeling for the first time seven months into a job isn’t too bad. In the end, the shoot turned out just fine, so all that worrying wasn’t necessary in the end. Aside from that stress, I was able to make edits to a binder, catch up on emails, and finalize the resources for our upcoming special issue which felt productive. After work, I went to the Y and ran on a treadmill before heading home to eat, shower, and relax. 

I am finally bringing back daily outfit photos since I don’t feel like I am constantly reaching for the same jeans and sweaters over and over again. Hopefully y’all are excited to see these come back to Step Into My Week posts. As I’ve done in the past, I’ve linked exactly where you can go to shop the outfit beneath the image. If you want to see these outfits all in one place, then be sure to follow me on the Liketoknow. It App or on their website.

Like I said, Tuesday was the day of the shoot which turned out fine! I had been assigned to write about those photos and other ones being shot that day, and since it was also our deadline for copy, I hunkered down at my desk to get that all submitted on time. I was able to finish both pieces and send them along to our team and still had time to make some returns locally for products we had borrowed. After work, I met my friend Macy at the Y to do a workout together before indulging in Taco Tuesday at Taco Mama. We did another 3 part workout that I’ve included below in case you want to give it a try. I will say that the next day we both had very sore arms and legs. Re-hydrating with margaritas seemed necessary (especially since they are ½ off on Tuesdays) so we sat outside to have dinner and cool off after our workout.

I was able to spend a lot of Wednesday getting ahead writing out social posts for April while routing copy for our July/August issue that we are almost finished with. Since I am going to be out of the office for a few days in April, I wanted to feel ahead on this and would love to have nearly the whole month scheduled out by the end of this current week. We will see if that is possible. After work, I headed home to change before running to Nell’s apartment to go on a walk with her. We walked from her place to my house where we ate dinner together on the back deck. The weather in Birmingham has been so great as of late and having an extra hour of daylight has been a game changer when it comes to doing things after leaving the office. After she left, I got showered and ready for bed.

Thursday was a half day for me since I still had 9 hours of vacation time that rolled over from last year that expired at the end of the month. After working till noon, it was officially my weekend which was a treat! I came home and had lunch outside before taking a nap. That night I had plans to go on a run with Macy before getting dinner together at Saw’s. About a mile into our run I ended up getting a very intense stomach pain and had to have her run back to my house to grab my car and get me. I felt better when lying down but moving from the couch to my bed was excruciating. I ended up making myself oatmeal for dinner when I felt ok enough to stand back up and spent most of the night trying not to move or freak anyone out about this issue despite friends and family thinking it was my appendix. 

Friday morning, I woke up and was still in pain but felt a little better which was good since I was packing up to go to the beach with my family. I showered, did some laundry, and packed my suitcase without having to take too many sitting breaks. Around lunchtime I drove four hours to our family’s beach house. The drive wasn’t too bad although it felt good to get there finally. I still wasn’t feeling great but was glad it didn’t relate to feeling nauseous since there was lots of good food to be eaten.

Saturday morning, I felt a little bit better and was able to go to the boat show we had planned to attend. As you can imagine there were so many boats both on land and in the water with plenty of boating accessories there as well. We ate lunch while there before coming back to the beach house. I ended up taking a long nap that afternoon before we all went for a boat ride. We came back and had appetizers on the front porch before eating dinner and watching basketball. I went to bed before 9:00 despite a long nap and was able to finish my book before falling asleep. 

I woke up on Sunday morning feeling a little bit less pain but planned to go to urgent care once I got back to Birmingham. I had breakfast with my parents and hit the road before 9:00 causing me to get back to Birmingham around 1:00. I showered, unpacked, ate lunch and then went to urgent care. From there they sent me to the ER to get everything checked out which took most of the afternoon. All the tests came out healthy which is good although the doctor was equally as confused as I was as to what caused the pain. Today (Monday) I am feeling a lot better, so hopefully, it is smooth sailing from here. I went to Trader Joe’s to get groceries once I left and then went to Nell’s apartment for dinner since my roommate was still out of town. I came home and packed my bags for the week and was asleep before 9:30. 

Clearly, it was an oddly eventful week, and I’m hoping this one isn’t filled with quite as many curveballs! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished