Monday, September 28, 2020

Step Into My Week 9.28

In many ways, this week was a heavy one for our country. With loss, injustice, and the harsh reality of how quickly climate change could impact the world, I’ve found myself a little bit overwhelmed. Some of that may also be due to the fact that I keep forgetting to write these Step Into My Week posts throughout the weeks as they happen to make it a bit more exciting and also less of a to-do when I do finally sit down to type it all out. 

I seemed to be back in a more consistent workout routine this week, which felt like a tiny victory, and the cooler weather we welcomed the week with wasn’t too bad either! I started my Monday morning at true40 for a workout before working from home all day. We usually don’t have shoots on Monday, which gives us plenty of time to video call with the teams we are working with to run through what we are shooting and how they want things to turn out. That’s how I spent most of my morning, and the afternoon was spent finalizing lots of details for upcoming location shoots and ordering in products. Once I wrapped up around 5:00, I decided I wanted to enjoy the weather a bit and went for a walk while listening to a podcast. Monday night was pretty uneventful with me making myself dinner and eating it while starting Schitt’s Creek.

I went to true40 again on Tuesday morning and then opted to shower, change, and go into the office to get things done. I had to work on my expense report, which is definitely one of my least favorite parts of my job, but fortunately, I was able to get it done with ease. I put props away and pulled new ones for my shoot the following day before eventually returning home to do some more work. In the late afternoon, I made pumpkin bread muffins and then went for a walk with Nell. We ate dinner outside at Saws that night while I waited for an update on how my friend’s, who tore his ACL a couple of weeks ago, surgery went. I stopped by to see him and drop off the muffins I made around 8:30 and stayed for a little while until he could take more medicine and go to sleep.

I had a shoot on Wednesday, so I got up and did some work in bed before heading into the office. The shoot focused on braised and roasted dishes, and we had a lot of different shot options to grab, so it lasted well into the afternoon. I put those props away before coming home to finish my work for the day. My friend asked me to come by that night, and I stayed there for a bit while he ate dinner, and we watched TV before I left.

Thursday was my second shoot day of the week, but this one had a more fun theme to work with since it involved cookies and brownies. That ended around 2:00, and I put my props away before leaving the office and heading home. I came home to find flowers and a candle on my front porch, which was a really sweet surprise and have made my room smell amazing all week. Later on, I went over to my friend’s house to sit with him while he iced his leg, and we eventually ate dinner with his roommate while watching the NBA game that night. 

I ended my week how I started it with a true40 workout that morning. After that, I showered and worked from home, finalizing details for the shoot I have this week. Nell stopped by around 2:00, and then I watched some of Schitt’s Creek while waiting for my laundry to finish. Eventually, I went over to my friend’s house, and we played Monopoly Deal before figuring out what to eat for dinner while watching another game on TV.

Saturday was a fun one and began with me sleeping in a bit, which felt nice. I met some of my friends to walk to Crestline Bagel that morning and then came home and got ready to meet some other friends at Back Forty to watch the SEC games. We stayed there from 12:30 until 5:30 when I went over to my friend’s house to watch the Alabama game and have dinner. 

Sunday, I slept in a little and then had a very slow morning before making my way to the store to stock up on groceries for the week. I swang by my friend’s house to help him stretch and ice his leg before coming home to make lunch and Elisabeth and Butter’s fall granola. In the afternoon, I walked to Nell’s apartment while catching up on the phone with my parents. Once I made it to Nell’s, we watched Father of the Bride 3ish together and hung out before she drove me back to my house. The remainder of my night was spent showering, making dinner, stopping by my friend’s place to help him stretch again, and then coming home to go to sleep. 

I can’t believe October kicks off this week, and I know we have some colder weather headed our way along with it, so I’m excited for the week to come and hope you are too! 

1 comment :

  1. Stepping in the week is good and vital for the customers. The range of the Blue Team Certifications is met for the offers. The stance is piled for the change. The matter is done for the surfaced items for the problems.


Blog Design by Get Polished