Monday, November 9, 2020

Step Into My Week 11.9

 I think we can all agree that the last week was an important one. I don’t know about y’all, but it also felt long to me. On Wednesday, I was convinced it should’ve been Thursday, and then a schedule change on Thursday threw me off even more. Hopefully, that won’t be the case this week! 

On Monday, I worked from home and had a meeting mid-morning, which broke up my day a little bit. During my lunch break, I made soup to eat for dinner and accomplished a lot of computer work in the afternoon. Once my actual workday wrapped, I worked on blog posts for the next hour and a half before Hunter came over for dinner. The soup I made was Pinch of Yum’s Tortellini soup, and it was delicious. It also made a ton of it. So much that we both had it for leftovers the next day, and it was at least one of my meals each day until Thursday. I don’t mind eating the same thing repeatedly, especially when it is as tasty as that soup, so that didn’t bother me. After we finished eating and cleaned up, we played a round of Scrabble and then watched an episode of The 100 before I went to bed. 

I woke up at 5:00 on Tuesday morning so that I could get in line to vote early on in the day. My roommate and I got in line at 6:20 and were 35th and 36th in line at our precinct. We finished voting around 7:30, and the whole process was surprisingly enjoyable. We saw lots of our neighbors and friends, talked to the people in line around us, and I was encouraged to see just how many people were there waiting their turn to vote. This was the first time I had voted in person instead of by absentee ballot, and I’m glad I got to experience it the way I did. I went straight from voting to the office since I had a shoot that day. We wrapped around 2:30, and I worked from home for the rest of the afternoon. The weather was especially pretty, and had my ankle not still been bruised and bothering me, I would have liked to go for a walk. Around 5:30, I poured a glass of wine and cozied up on the sofa with my Chappy Wrap to work on gift guides and watch the news. After an early morning, I only lasted until around 9:00 before going to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night on Wednesday and instinctively checked my phone for voting updates even though I knew it would be unlikely for any verdict to be made. That morning I worked from my bed for a little while before showering and moving my work tote and myself to the sofa so that I could have the news on in the background. I stayed there pretty much all day, getting a lot done while also staying up to date with what all was happening. I read for a bit while eating dinner and had bible study that night at a friend’s place. Once we finished there, I came home and went to bed. 

On Thursday, I was supposed to be working from home but got a text from my boss while I was still in my pajamas that one of the stylists shooting that day wasn’t going to be able to make it in. I filled in instead, and we started our shoot around 9:00. I used the time between shots to attempt to get ahead on emails and some content. We finished around 1:00, and I headed home for a little while to work before heading to a friend’s house to get some work done and eventually go on a walk and make dinner. I accidentally turned this mashed potato recipe into potato soup and learned my lesson to better follow the directions. I went home around 9:00 and went to bed soon after.

Friday, I was working from home with a meeting to break up my morning a little bit. In the afternoon, I watched the most recent episode of The Bachelorette while working on blog content. I didn’t leave the house until going to the grocery store around 5:30 and made myself dinner before my friend Emily came over to hang out, drink wine, and watch a movie. We settled on The Holidate, which was a bit raunchy but entertaining enough. I’d argue that it’s not a Christmas movie even though it begins and ends in the Christmas season. 

I slept until around 8:00 on Saturday morning and worked on some blog graphics before deciding to relocate to Caveat in Homewood. I stayed there for a few hours for a change of scenery to get some blog work done. I was there when I got the news alert that Joe Biden had been elected president and got chills. After a long few days of waiting, it was exciting to know the result! It was really overcast all day, but some friends and I decided to go to a brewery in the afternoon to enjoy the fact that it wasn’t too hot out. It was kind of misty, so we had to move to a table out of view of the Florida and Georgia TV screen view, but eventually, it stopped, and we were able to watch the last portion of the game. We went back to my friend’s house and ate dinner while watching the Clemson game and SNL that night before I left and went to bed. 

On Sunday morning, I slept in until around 8:00 and was lazy most of the morning before ultimately getting up and showering. I went through some of the book we are doing for bible study and spent most of the rest of the morning and early afternoon typing outposts and creating gift guide collages with Schitt’s Creek on in the background. I talked on the phone with my parents in the afternoon and continued with the same blog tasks for the rest of the afternoon. I made myself dinner early, turned on Home Alone, and got in bed around 7:30 to read. 

Stay tuned this afternoon since I’ll be posting another gift guide. This will be my first “themed” gift guide, and I’d love for y’all to check it out since those posts are a labor of love. Now until mid-December, there will be quite a few days when there’s more than one post going up from me! I’ll be sure to keep y’all updated on social media too when there’s something new from me. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished