Monday, July 27, 2020

Step Into My Week 7.27

I couldn't start today's post without first informing y'all of the Lake Pajama sale that just started. I mentioned it on Instagram last night but didn't want anyone interested in shopping it to miss the sale! I have my fair share of Lake Pajamas, and they are some of the softest pajamas I own. I wear a small in the styles I have, and I included links to some of my favorite items included in the sale at the bottom of this post!

I started my Monday with a workout at True40 even though I wasn’t super excited to go when my alarm went off in the morning. Then the workday began with a few photo meetings, lots of emails sent, and some prep work for the coming weeks. I had to go into the office in the afternoon to transform one of our kitchens into a video-ready studio while also getting ready for my own shoots. Once I had done that, there were a few errands for work that needed to be done, so I tried to get those done before it started to storm. Somehow, I finished that and went to the grocery store before the bottom dropped out. The rest of my night was pretty uneventful, given that I showered and ate dinner.

I know people always joke about Christmas in July, but at work, that’s very much so a reality. We’ve had a Christmas tree set up in one of our studios since May, and there will be a heyday if anyone takes it down anytime soon. I had two different Christmas cover shoots on Tuesday, so I fall into the freak out category if the tree disappeared since I needed it for what I was working on. We got off to a slow start since the humidity outside wasn’t meshing well with the recipes we featured, but somehow we finished before 4:00 with praise of the finished product by everyone involved! I unpacked my cart and started preparing for the shoot I had the next day before heading home. I relaxed for a little while before going to a friend’s house to make pasta for dinner and watch an episode of The 100. Naturally, I fell asleep while watching it and now need to rewatch the second half to know what actually happened before continuing with the series, oops. That was a tell-tale sign that it was time to go home and call it a day.

Wednesday, I had a photoshoot that included individual shots for a couple of our different food titles. I got to work early to make sure I had everything I needed for when the shoot began at 9:00. The shoot wrapped by noon, which was really impressive and gave me plenty of time to work on my expense report in the afternoon, which definitely isn’t my favorite task. After heading home, I worked on blog posts and graphics for a while before making dinner and having bible study in our living room. The couple of friends that came over for that left around 9:00, and I read for a bit before going to sleep. 

I didn’t have a shoot scheduled for Thursday, so I took advantage of that by going to a True40 class in the morning before work. When I got home, I showered and did some laundry before sitting down in the living room to work with the Today show on in the background. I made lunch at home and then spent the afternoon working at the office. I left around 3:30 and went on a very hot walk with Nell in the afternoon. Toward the end of our walk, we happened upon an outdoor couch that someone was getting rid of that matches the rest of the deck furniture at my house and started scheming a way to get it home. We didn’t want to leave it there for fear that someone would steal our treasure but remembered that one of our friends recently got a truck and called him to see if he would help. Fortunately, he agreed and was there five minutes later after the neighbor across the street got a good laugh at Nell, and I sitting on the couch in the road. We put it out back, and I feel like I’m going to need to make new friends just to fill up all the seating we now have on the deck! We rewarded ourselves with Sonic slushies before she went back home to study, and I showered and got ready for dinner. A friend and I went to Abhi for sushi in Mountain Brook Village and hung out for a little while after that before I went home and fell asleep before 10:00.

Friday morning, I slept until around 6:20 and drank coffee in bed while reading. Mornings like this are my favorite, especially on weeks that feel busier. Since Taylor Swift released a new album this day, I listened to it repeatedly for most of the morning. I got to work a little before 8:00 to make sure I had everything I needed on my cart for the shoot I had scheduled only to discover after setting up for the first shot that it got canceled. I don’t think I’ve ever had a shoot get canceled day of so that was different but gave me some much-needed time at my desk to organize my thoughts and calendar for what is sure to be a busy August. Summer months are always busy in the magazine world since that’s usually when we are styling photos for Christmas, but Covid has made that a bit of a challenge. Writing out all of my shoots from August has me a little overwhelmed, but hopefully, by knowing what’s to come, I can work ahead so that it’s not too crazy. I stayed at the office until around lunchtime when I headed home. I ate and worked on blog content for this week so that at least some of that would be finished ahead of time! I also got on a cleaning kick and decided to wash my shower curtain, bath mats, etc., which felt very productive. In the afternoon, I went to a friend's house to try to come up with an activity to do, but we never really came up with anything and went to get Mexican food for dinner with friends before just hanging out.

I woke up around 7:30 on Saturday and had a slow morning working from bed. I eventually showered and moved to the living room to watch The Bold Type and work on my computer for a while. I eventually made lunch and didn't do much for the rest of the afternoon. That night Nell came over, and we made brownies before picking up pizza and finally watching Hamilton. For those who haven't seen it and don't necessarily know the music, I would definitely recommend turning on the subtitles. Nell left around 10:00, and I was asleep pretty soon after.

Sunday had the perfect mix of doing nothing and having an activity. I talked to my brother on the phone in the morning before heading to a friend's house to watch soccer for a little while. After that, we went to Carrigan's Beer Garden for a little while to grab lunch. Then I left and went to the grocery store, hung out at Nell's apartment, and talked on the phone with my parents. The rest of the night was spent cooking some food for the week, reading, and going to bed early.

I hope that y'all also had a nice week and weekend! As I mentioned above, you can shop my favorites from the Lake Pajama summer sale below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished