Monday, July 20, 2020

Step Into My Week 7.20

Last week was one that had me on my toes. I felt like I was operating in fast forward the entire week trying to get everything done in a shorter amount of time after taking last Monday off. Although this week is also bound to be busy, I am hoping having all five days to get everything done will give me the ability to feel a little less rushed. I’ve also been trying to be more consistent with blogging, which has felt on the back burner for quite some time now. Let’s hope I can keep it up, but for now, here’s what I was up to last week. 

On Monday morning, I woke up at the beach. It was nice to be able to take the day off so that we had two full days at the beach, making it feel more like a vacation. I showered and ate breakfast while washing my sheets and cleaning up my room since it’s unlikely I’ll head back to the beach house this summer. We left for Birmingham a little before 10:00 and made it back in the early afternoon. Once I got home and unloaded my car, I opted to take a nap before cleaning up and eating dinner. That night my roommate and I caught up and then watched Netflix’s Unsolved Murders show for a few episodes while waiting for our newest roommate to arrive. My friend Macy moved into our guest bedroom later that evening and will be with us until she gets married in mid-October. I suspect we will all have a lot of fun living together, and a less expensive portion of the rent is always nice too! She and I caught up for a bit before deciding it was bedtime. 

Tuesday was a hectic day at work, and I could’ve sworn that every time I checked something off my to-do list, two things were added. I had a shoot that morning/early afternoon, and as soon as that wrapped had a meeting for a shoot later in the week. My desk was a disaster, so I started to organize the boxes there to package them up to return eventually. I went to True40 in the afternoon and came home and showered after that. Later on, a friend came over to eat leftovers my mom sent with me from the beach, and we ate our dinner with Macy before playing the Wii for a while before everyone’s competitive spirit got the best of them. I got in bed around ten and read for a bit before finally going to sleep. 

To stick with my busy schedule for the week, I had another shoot at work on Wednesday and woke up early to work on blog posts before heading to the office to pull props. This shoot was a holiday dessert shoot that lasted until a little after three. When it wrapped, I had another meeting for my shoot Friday and then got around to packaging up some of the boxes at my desk. After leaving work, I went to Trader Joe’s to get flowers for upcoming shoots. When I got home, I set things up for a project I was working on first thing in the morning, showered, ate dinner, and watched Unsolved Mysteries with my roommate while trying to get through a little more work before going to sleep.

I had hoped to get off of the waitlist for an early morning True40 class on Thursday, but unfortunately, that didn’t happen. Instead, I drank coffee in bed and worked on a couple of blog-related tasks before shooting photos for two upcoming collaborations I have been asked to participate in. Thankfully I had already set one of them up the night before, which made getting the pictures a bit quicker! The second one had to be shot as a video in addition to photos, so that took a while longer. I’m not sure when exactly I’ll be sharing all of those details, but below is a sneak peek in the meantime. After that, it was back to work, which included a lot of emails to order in products before going to the office to finalize things for the following day’s shoot and packaging up more boxes at my desk. I got home around 5:15 and quickly changed to meet Nell to go on a walk and catch up that evening. We walked for about an hour, and then I headed home to shower and change before dinner with a friend. We had planned to go to Jinsei for sushi in Homewood, but they appeared to be closed, so we went to Fancy’s on Fifth in Avondale instead. We got oysters and burgers, and I had one of their blood orange margaritas, which was tasty. After that, I went home and went to bed, knowing that I needed to be up early for a shoot the next day.


I woke up around 5:15 and got ready quickly so that I could pick up a few more flowers before arriving at work. I had everything pretty set up for the cover shoot before 8:00 when our photographer arrived. The shoot went better than I had anticipated, although it wrapped a little after 1:00. I hadn’t packed a lunch, so I ate once I got home and then took it easy most of the afternoon. I finally got around to moving photos from my phone to my computer, which was a task I had planned to accomplish all of quarantine and never got around to. After moving about 6,000 photos (and I still have 4,000 left to do), I went to the store to get food to pack for lunch the next day. My roommate and I hung out at home that evening and finished watching the Unsolved Mysteries series before going to sleep.

Saturday morning, I woke up around 7:15 to get ready to go tubing with some friends on the Cahaba River. We packed and loaded up our coolers and drove about an hour to a place where one of our friends had previously gone to do this. We probably finally got on the river around 11:30 and spent most of the day floating and people watching. We stopped for lunch at one of the sandy areas after the first “rapid” and made it to the end a little bit before 4:00. At the end was a deep spot where you could climb up a tree and jump off. Only one of our friends decided to jump so it gave us a few minutes to swim around while we watched. The weather was particularly hot, so it was nice to be on the water. We drove back to Birmingham after and showered before a few of us went to dinner at La Paz that night. Later on, I met up with some friends at Top Golf, which is something I’d never done before. I definitely won’t be quitting my day job to go on tour anytime soon, but I wasn’t as terrible as I thought I was going to be. By the time we finished there, I was more than ready to go home and go to sleep.

Ignore the extra hat. My hands were full when I was asked to hold it and it ended up on top of my baseball cap. 

I slept in some on Sunday morning before meeting a friend for breakfast at Waffle House. We watched a game on TV after that and later I went on a walk to talk on the phone with my parents before eventually going to movie night with a group at our friend’s house. I got home around 10:15 and went to bed after that. 

I hope that y’all are having a good Monday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished