Monday, March 29, 2021

Step Into My Week 3.29

 Guess who wrote this Step Into My Week post as the week went on!? That’s right, me! I need to get back into the habit of doing that because it made things a whole lot easier.

I took Monday off work, so I slept in until around 8:00 before lounging and drinking coffee for a bit. It was pretty out, and I was able to go straight from pajamas to shorts which ended up being the perfect attire for what was to come during the day. Hunter’s parents gifted him a smoker for his birthday, and it was ready to be picked up, so I went to his house so that we could go and get it. Thankfully the place helped put it in his car, so all I had to do was help him get it up the stairs onto his deck. That required moving his other grill to a different corner, so we blew off the deck, which got me into a bit of a spring cleaning kick. While he set everything up, I cleaned the kitchen counters and vacuumed when Hunter got a wild hair to mop his kitchen and dining room area. Over an hour later, that was done, and most of the common areas in his house had been vacuumed and tidied up. We were both hungry by this point and picked up Ashley Mac’s to-go for lunch. We ate it while watching some basketball before I left to go to the grocery store and meal prep for the week. Once I had finished cooking some sweet potatoes, I did an at-home workout, then I showered and got some blog work completed before making salmon, brussels sprouts, okra, and quinoa. Rebecca and I caught up on our weekends and ate dinner on the sofa while watching the new Amy Poller movie on Netflix. I think we were both in bed by 8:30.

I had a shoot on Tuesday that was supposed to have taken place the week before but was canceled due to severe weather. It was client work for Bob’s Red Mill and took us the entire day to shoot beauties and technique shots of the two recipes. I was able to multitask some during the shoot and begin figuring out products to use for an upcoming Autumn-themed shoot I’m assigned. I left the office a few minutes before 5:00 and took it easy when I got home. I had leftovers for dinner and worked on a blog post before getting in bed early to read. I was asleep before 9:30, which gave me lots of energy come Wednesday morning.

I came into the office to find the cutest PR mailer from Honey + Hank.

On Wednesday, I woke up a few minutes before my alarm, ready to start my day. I read and had coffee in bed before going to a workout class at True40. Once the class was over, I made some iced coffee and got to work. I continued to pull product ideas for a shoot and got in touch with a few homeowners about upcoming shoots. During lunch, I decided to enjoy the nice weather we were having and chose to walk and run the steep hill I live on. I needed a shower after that and continued to work and eat lunch. I continued to get work done in the afternoon before taking a few photos for upcoming blog posts. Hunter decided to use his new smoker that night, so I walked over to his house, and we sat on his deck playing chess while finishing cooking. I kept asking what I could do to help, but he had already done everything that needed to be done to the potatoes, brussels sprouts, and corn which made things easy for me. We ate dinner outside before coming in to clean up and watch a couple of episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I left and went to bed a little after 10:00.

Thursday feels like multiple days wrapped up in one. I had a cover shoot in the office, but we were forecasted to have another day of bad storms similar to those we had the week before. The office closed early, and we had to wrap our shoot around 1:00 to leave before things started getting especially bad. On my way home, I had lots of friends checking in on me to make sure I was safely at home, so I was relieved once I finally got there and could tune into the weather report. We were under a watch for about an hour early in the afternoon when I was home, and then in one of the breaks in the weather, I went over to Hunter’s house since he has a windowless basement. We both got a lot of work done while camped out down there with the TV updating us on the situation. We had a few other alerts to take shelter, but fortunately, our area was not hit as bad as some. It was crazy to see how quickly the storm was able to damage areas I am familiar with, given that growing up on the coast, I was as in-tune to tornadoes as I am to hurricanes. That night we made baked spaghetti for dinner and watched another episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel before I found another break in the storm to head home.

I woke up early on Friday morning to read a bit before going to the office for another cover shoot. Since we only work half days on Fridays, I knew we had our work cut out for us to get all of the options that were asked of us. We finished a little afternoon and put away the props I had on my cart, and gathered what I would need for my shoot on Monday. Once home, I finally ate my lunch and decided to do some cleaning before showering and taking it easy most of the afternoon. Hunter and I had plans to cook again, so we went to the grocery store and got the rest of what we needed before heading back to his house to cook. He made wings that were probably the best wings I’ve ever had, and I made okra in my air fryer to eat while those finished cooking. Since it was nice out, we ate outside and then came in to finish the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Nell came into town that night, so I met her back at my house a little before 11:00 since she stayed with us. 

Saturday morning, I tried to sleep in later than I was successful but decided at 7:30 to get up and make a cup of coffee. I did some blog work in bed while sipping that and listening to an audiobook before eventually making breakfast and chatting with Nell to figure out what to do that day. She entertained me while I switched my closet from winter to spring before we changed to go to lunch with our friend Mary at a Greek restaurant called Nabeel’s. After that, we met up with a few more people to play pickleball at a park nearby. After a few games, we called it quits and went to get Icees. We had dinner plans at our friend Mallory’s house that night, so we used the in-between time to shower, get ready, and chill for a little bit. We got to Mallory’s house at 6:30, and she had made a delicious meal of steak, potatoes, green beans, mushrooms, salad and appetizers for us. We stayed there until around 8:45 before grabbing a beer at Back40 and heading home. 

I was a bit more successful sleeping in on Sunday and had a similar morning working on blog posts while drinking coffee. I needed to grab some props for my shoot on Monday, so Nell and I went to Target and then ate lunch while watching a show on Netflix. I had her help me with some blog photos, which I was able to get edited and on my computer before getting ready to go watch the Alabama basketball game at Hunter’s. He had smoked a Boston Butt and wings, so dinner was yet again delicious even though Alabama didn’t win. I stayed and watched part of another game before helping him clean up and heading home to go to sleep. 

I hope that y’all had a nice week and weekend! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished