Monday, March 9, 2020

Step Into My Week 3.9

It always takes a decent bit of thought to thoroughly come up with what I’ve been up to over the last week, but that was especially true when working on this post. Last week felt kind of long, which made me forget what happened when. Thankfully my planner helped me to set things straight. I’ve shared what I’ve been up to along with some photos from the week below. 

I decided to fully commit to my Monday with an early start at true40. It was pouring down rain, which made me want to hit snooze, cancel the class, and go back to sleep. Instead, I drug my feet out the door and made it happen. I came home after (glad that I went) to shower and get ready for work. In the morning, I had a meeting with one of the teams I was scheduled on a photoshoot with, and then our team of stylists got together for our monthly meeting. After those were finished, I worked on photo worksheets for the shoots I had on Tuesday and Wednesday, scheduled meetings for the following week, and pulled props for the next day’s shoot. After work, I headed home long enough to eat dinner before going to Macy’s house to catch up with her before watching The Bachelor.

Tuesday was a reshoot of a food shoot I had done previously where two of the food dishes didn’t look quite as picture-perfect as the editors desired. Our test kitchen chef nailed it this go-round, and we spent the whole day shooting those two recipes. The day went by relatively quickly, thanks to another photoshoot happening next to our set. After work, I went to the Y and did a Peloton workout and a short run on the treadmill. I came home and showered, had dinner, and did a bit of blog work before going to sleep. 

I thought about taking a true40 class on Wednesday morning but ultimately decided to save my workout for after work. Instead, I went to the office and had to unpack my props from the day before and pull a new set for the photoshoot I had on this day. This shoot went by really quickly and wrapped around 2:00. I had a tasting for a future shoot that afternoon and worked from my desk until about 4:30 when I left to go to Bromberg’s to make a return. I went to the Y after work and ran on the treadmill for a while before coming home to shower, eat dinner, and then head to bible study. 

Thursday was a day spent at my desk, which was nice after a few days away. I spent the day responding to emails, unpacking my cart of props, and location scouting for some shoots I have later this month. After work, I went to the Y and did a Peloton workout, and then I went home to shower, eat dinner, and watch Love Is Blind. If you haven’t watched it yet, it’s on Netflix and is even more ridiculous than The Bachelor but very entertaining. I got in bed around 9:20 and read for a bit before falling asleep. 

I met Macy for a 5:15 true40 class on Friday morning and was so excited to see the sun. I’m pretty excited about this most recent time change and will gladly take more daylight over an hour of sleep any day. I showered before going to work, and as I walked into the office, I was asked to fill in on another stylist’s shoot. It took me a few minutes to gather my bearings and figure out what props were needed, but I finally made it to the location around 8:40. We wrapped that shoot at noon, and I ran back to the office to get my laptop and stopped by the Warehouse Collective pop up in Birmingham after that. I spent about an hour and a half at Starbucks getting blog work done in the afternoon and then went home to relax for a little while before my evening plans. I recently become a chapter advisor for Birmingham Southern College’s chapter of KD, and since they had a national advisor in town, I had to go to a couple of meetings for that from 5:30-7:00. I remember having to schedule these visits when I was president and was glad that I got to be a more passive participant this time. Once we wrapped up, I headed home and quickly changed before heading with my roommate to Nell’s apartment to meet our friends to grill out dinner and hangout. There were probably close to 20 of us in their apartment, and we ended up staying and hanging out until close to 11:30. It was such a fun laid night back with a great group of friends.

On Saturday morning, I woke up around 8:30 with every intention of going for a run but was sore from the previous day’s true40 class and decided to have a lazy morning instead. I worked on a couple of blog graphics while eating breakfast and listening to Michelle Obama’s book, Becoming. I put away my laundry and tidied my room before eventually getting ready for the day’s plans. I was getting ready to meet my friends at The Exceptional Foundation’s Chili Cookoff when there was a knock on our door, and my neighbor informed me that she hit my parked car with a moving truck. Needless to say, I wasn’t pleased, but she felt terrible, so I tried my best to help her realize that it was ok and we would get it all sorted out. Between waiting on the police, filing the incident report, and getting in touch with insurance agents, I sadly had to miss the Chili Cookoff entirely. I had plans that afternoon to play tennis with a friend, so luckily, I still got to get outside and enjoy the sunshine for a while before we went to a brewery, and I eventually came home. My friends who went to the cookoff were all at a different brewery, so in the time it took an uber to come and pick me up (since my car is out of commission for the time being), I had changed and was ready to join them. We stayed there for a while and had a couple of beers, and I ended up seeing lots of people I knew and would have seen at the event. Eventually, we left to pick a friend up from the airport before grabbing a late dinner at Chick-fil-A.

Sunday felt more like a Saturday to me since it was spent hanging out with friends. Nell picked me up to join her as she went to the grocery store, and then we went back to her apartment to eat some of the leftover burgers from Friday night for lunch. I stayed there and hung out for a bit before coming home to cook my food for the week. I shared the recipe for the delicious energy bites I made in my Instagram story and will hopefully create a Meal Prep In Your Step post for them soon too. After I finished cooking, I walked to Nell's apartment while talking on the phone with my parents. Once I got to Nell's, she and our friend Mary and I walked to Crestline Village to eat dinner at La Paz to take advantage of an extra hour of daylight. We timed it perfectly and made it back just as the sun set. I then showered, packed my lunch for the next day, and got in bed to listen to an audiobook before going to sleep.


I hope y'all had a good week/weekend and maybe a less eventful Saturday than me! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished