Monday, March 2, 2020

Step Into My Week 3.2

If you read last week’s Step Into My Week post, then you probably know that I took Monday and Tuesday as a vacation day after a fun weekend in Mobile celebrating Mardi Gras. I slept in on Monday morning before coming downstairs to eat breakfast and hang out before going to the dentist that morning. Nothing like spending a vacation day at the dentist since I still haven’t put forth any effort to find a dentist in Birmingham where I actually live. After the dentist, my mom and I went to lunch and shopped in downtown Fairhope before I had to head back to the dentist to get my first ever cavity filled. I wasn’t a big fan of that although it didn’t hurt, but my face was numb for a long time after. Once I got home, I coped with that by taking a bubble bath before hanging out with my parents and eating dinner. I think I went to bed by 9:30 every night I was home, which left me very rested this past week. 

On Tuesday, I woke up around 8:30 and turned on the Today show while eating breakfast and playing with our dog, Scout. I got ready and packed up my stuff before eventually going to lunch with my parents. After that, I came home and changed into comfy clothes to drive back to Birmingham. I got in town a little before 5:00 and unpacked and went to the grocery store. I didn’t do much that night aside from shower, make dinner, and watch the previous night’s episode of the Bachelor before going to bed very early.

Wednesday morning, I woke up early so that I could go to true40 before work since I had plans afterward and wouldn’t have time to get everything done after work. I had a photoshoot for a food title focused on recipes with Key Lime. I think I sampled every single one of them as the shoot went on. There was a ton of traffic once I left the office, so I sadly wasn’t able to make it to the Ash Wednesday service I was hoping to go to, but that gave me a little bit of downtime at home before bible study. Once bible study ended, I came home and went to bed. 
Most of Thursday was spent either at my desk or preparing for the shoot I had the following day. I unpacked my cart of props from the day before and reloaded it with a formal and casual place setting. In the afternoon, I went to a local jewelry store that we borrow fine china from and picked up flowers from Trader Joe’s and a local flower market. When I got back to the office, I arranged the flowers, and at that point, it was time to go. After work, I went to the Y to do a Peloton workout and run for a little bit. I got home around 6:45, showered, made dinner, and watched some TV on the couch with my roommate before reading in bed and going to sleep.

shop this outfit

I got up early on Friday morning to make it to a true40 class before work. Once I got home from that, I showered and got ready for work but not without spilling coffee grounds all over our kitchen before I left. I had a photo shoot scheduled for that morning, which ended up moving pretty quickly. We finished around 10:30, so I had a little bit of time at my desk to finish things up before leaving the office at noon. I didn’t have anything scheduled for that afternoon, so I decided to head to Starbucks to attempt to get some blog work done. I feel like I’ve been a bit behind on posts and photos lately, so before the weekend officially got started and everyone else was still at work, I felt like that was the perfect time to try to get ahead. I left Starbucks around 2:30 and put laundry in the washer before spending the majority of the rest of the afternoon stressing over making sure I had all my ducks in a row to submit my tax information related to the blog. My friends and I had a dinner reservation at Fancy’s in Avondale at 5:45 (since that was the only time before 8:45 that they could seat four people), so I quickly got ready for that and headed on my way. Dinner was delicious, and I was able to take half of my meal home with me to eat as leftovers. My roommate and I sat on the couch and watched an episode of Love Is Blind before both going to bed early.

shop this outfit 

Saturday morning, I woke up around 8:00 and made myself breakfast to eat in bed before getting dressed to head to a 9:30 true40 class. Once the class was over, I went to get a haircut and then came home to shower and eat my leftovers from the night before. I had an intense urge to clean and spent the next 4 or 5 hours reorganizing and cleaning my entire room. I felt lame not enjoying the nice weather we were having, but I’ve learned that it is best to capitalize on those moments when you have the urge to clean while you can. Every drawer in my room has been emptied, purged, and refolded, and I even went so far as to dust my baseboards, wash my baseboards, and take everything out from under my bed to reorganize that too. I hope that was my rendition of spring cleaning my room because, at this point, no surface has gone untouched. My friends and I went and got sushi at 6:45 and then met up with my roommate (who had other dinner plans) at Dread River Distillery afterward for a drink. We were home by 10:00 and asleep soon after.

shop this post

I woke up around 8:15 on Sunday and went ahead and put my sheets in the washer. I ate breakfast and got ready so that I could go to Aldi and Publix before church to get groceries for the week. Nell picked me up for church at 10:35, and we met my roommate at the 11:00 service at the Advent. After church, I went ahead and put a meal in the crockpot, made myself lunch, and made my bed with my freshly washed sheets. I met my roommate at the Emmet O’Neal Library in Crestline to work on blog posts for the coming week while she got some studying done. After that, I met Nell to go on a walk since the weather was so nice, and it is finally starting to stay light out later. I showered when I got home and talked on the phone with my parents before making the second recipe I had purchased ingredients for. I cooked while finishing the audiobook I was listening to and then ate what I made before cleaning the kitchen and starting the dishwasher. I got in bed before 8:00 to watch another episode of Love Is Blind while drinking a glass of wine and working on blog graphics for the week. I closed my computer and opted to read around 9:00 before falling asleep.

I hope that wherever you are is sunny since here in Birmingham we are expected to get another 4-6 inches of rain this week. I'm ready to have a non-rainy week for once but it doesn't seem like that will be the case this week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished