Monday, February 24, 2020

Step Into My Week 2.24

I am starting this Monday morning off right after a great night of sleep in my bed at my parent’s house. If you missed it from my post on Friday, I am currently at home in Fairhope for two days of vacation. I’ll be heading back to Birmingham tomorrow, but a quick trip spent relaxing at home feels like an excellent way to wrap up February. Y’all know I’ll be sharing more of the details of what I’m up to next week, but for now, let’s go over this past week. 

Last Monday started with a kind of funky schedule. I got up early so that I could go to the 5:15 class at true40 since I’d be working from home until the place I needed to borrow china from for the shoot I had opened at 9:00. I’ll be the first to tell you that it felt odd not being in the office as early as normal. I left my house at 8:40 so that I’d be waiting outside the shop’s doors when they did finally open. I was able to pick up what I needed and was on the way to the office by 9:10. I had back to back meetings for food shoots I’m styling in the coming weeks, which delayed the start time of the lifestyle shoot I had on Monday. Fortunately, the shoot was only scheduled to be two hours since it was a flat lay of beautiful fabrics, trim, and products in a specific color scheme. Judging from the shot below that I took while I was cleaning up, I’m guessing you’ll be able to figure out our color focus for that issue. Once I finished that shoot, I worked through some photo worksheets for the meetings I had had in the morning, pulled props for the shoot I had on Tuesday, and eventually went back to the shop to return the china I had borrowed that morning. Since I had already worked out that morning, I was able to head home and relax before eating dinner. The rainy weather we have been having encouraged me to finish my book in bed. My roommate and I went to Macy’s to watch the Bachelor that night, and we all had the same idea of bringing sweet treats to eat while watching and ended up with quite the spread. When the episode ended, we drove back home to get in bed and go to sleep.

Tuesday morning was a bit more normal, although, with a food photoshoot scheduled, I don’t have much to update y’all on since that took all day. In between shots, I was able to finish my expense report, which was good, but aside from that, my attention was on the food. After work, I went to the Y and ended up running on the treadmill for a little while until a bike opened up. I did Ally Love’s 30-minute Black History Month Pop Ride and then stretched before heading back into the rain. Once I got home, I showered, made dinner, and read in bed. I went to sleep pretty early, which was especially nice! 

Wednesday was a pretty typical day since I was at work at a normal time and didn’t have a shoot. I spent a good bit of the day at my desk getting things done while listening to the audiobook of Kept Woman on the Libby app. I needed to unpack my cart of props from the day before and then had to reload it for my shoot on Thursday. I left work at 4:00 since I didn’t take a lunch and was able to make it to the 4:30 true40 class at the downtown location. After that, I went home to shower and make dinner before going to bible study at 7:30. Bible study finished around 9:00, and I came home and went to sleep. 

Thursday, it was raining even harder than the past couple of days, and the temperature began to drop, which had me less than thrilled to get out of bed in the morning. I had a food photoshoot at work that took all day and was focused on various loaf pan recipes. I left the office a bit after 5:00 and headed home before my evening plans. I was there for a little while before changing and getting ready to meet a friend for dinner at El Barrio in downtown Birmingham. There ended up being a wait, so we went next door to The Collins Bar for a drink in the meantime. Dinner was good, and I got home a little after 9:00 and went to bed. 

I woke up early on Friday morning to go to a 5:15 true40 class before work. My roommate had been wanting to try working out before work and joined me! The class was great, and I was definitely sore after it. Before work I got ready and started some laundry to have clean by the time I got home. I had a meeting in the morning and spent the rest of the day squaring things away for my shoots the following week. I needed to unpack and repack my cart and send a few emails before it was time to go. After work I desperately needed to get an oil change for my car despite not wanting to have to spend the time getting that done. Afterwards I drove home so that I could shower, put away laundry, put fresh sheets on my bed, and pack for the weekend. I also ate lunch somewhere in there before heading to Nell’s apartment to meet up with everyone before driving to Mobile for Mardi Gras. Since I took a long weekend and have Monday and Tuesday off thanks to rollover vacation days, I drove myself the four hours. We got to Nell’s parents house around 8:40 and ate the delicious dinner they had made for us while some of our friends heard about the history of Mobile Mardi Gras for the first time. Nell’s sweet grandmother made us little gift bags that were a hit and had picked up some sweets for dessert from some of the Mobile staples. After we ate, we all decided it was time to call it a night and went to bed. 

Saturday morning, we woke up around 8:00 and gathered in the kitchen for a cup of coffee while Nell’s parents made breakfast. We had king cake, fruit, and two different breakfast casseroles. I ended up with the baby from the king cake, so maybe if I remember before heading back to Birmingham, I’ll get one to take back. After breakfast, we got ready and dressed for the day. On our way to downtown Mobile, we stopped by Nell’s grandmother’s house to see her and thank her for the treats she got us. We made it downtown with ease and were able to park and get to where we wanted to stand with no problems. We even had enough time to walk to get a cup of coffee at Serda and mosey back to our spot before the parade started. The weather could not have been any better, and it made the morning parades especially fun to watch since it feels like we haven’t had a sunny day in Birmingham in a while. After the parade, we decided to grab lunch at Squid Ink and were lucky enough to get a table outside. At one point, there was even a band and a bunch of people who went by in the street, making it extra festive. Since we still had time to kill before the night parade, we walked to a cute cocktail bar to hang out for a while. After that, we went back to the car to get our jackets and grabbed a drink and used the restroom before the night parade started. There must’ve been some sort of slow down for the night parade since it was supposed to begin at 5:45 but didn’t make its way to us until over an hour later. The floats and costumes for this one were better, although I don’t feel like we caught quite as much. After the parade, we went to Foosackly’s to get dinner and take it back to Nell’s house to eat. We were all in a bit of a slap-happy mood eating dinner but were still able to fall asleep shortly after. 







We woke up around the same time on Sunday and enjoyed another yummy breakfast all together before packing up. Since I took Monday and Tuesday of this week off, I only had to drive about 40 minutes to my parent’s house in Fairhope. When I got here, I took my stuff upstairs and then took our dog, Scout, on a walk in Fairhope with my mom. We had lunch, and then I took a big nap before we all took Scout on a longer walk in the afternoon. I showered and put on pajamas, talked on the phone with my brother, ate dinner, and hung out with my parents to round out the weekend. I hope y’all also had a great week and weekend.

1 comment :

  1. Sunday styling matter is pushed for the change for the citizens. All the joys of the Gutter Cleaning Northwest Iowa
    are introduced for the regime. Option is ensured for the channel. Its segment is welcomed by the majority of the people.


Blog Design by Get Polished