Monday, February 17, 2020

Step Into My Week 2.17

After sharing with y’all last Monday that the week before felt like a no-win week, I am pleased to report that this past week didn’t feel that way and instead was a pretty good week even though it felt really long. I think it feeling long has something to do with the fact that one of my shoots for the week got canceled due to the homeowner being sick, so I had an unexpected day at my desk, which turned out to be incredibly productive. 

This whole past week was pretty nasty weather-wise, and had it not been sunny on Saturday that would’ve meant double-digit days of rainy weather in February alone. While it’s always challenging to get out of bed on a rainy morning, I was ready to get the week going on Monday. I started the day getting some returns packaged up before slowly making my way through my email inbox and making sure orders I had placed for props had been squared away over the weekend. It continued to pour rain all day to the point where we got an email from our CEO saying that we needed to head home a bit after 3:00 due to flooding. I had finished most of my work at this point, so I was especially excited about a short Monday after such an eventful previous weekend. I went home and changed and was able to make it to an earlier true40 class than I had thought. If you’re interested in giving true40 a try and happen to be near a studio, you can use the code “DOROTHY” to take your first class on me. After true40, I decided I wanted to move my legs a little bit more and did a quick 20-minute Peloton workout at the Y before heading home. I quickly showered, ate dinner, and dried my hair before going to Macy’s house to watch the Bachelor with my roommate and Macy’s. 

Tuesday was spent working on photo worksheets for the photoshoots I had that week and looking ahead to schedule meetings for shoots I have on my calendar for the remainder of the week. I had to get a teacup and some flowers for the shoot I had on Wednesday, which got me out of the office for a little while. After work, I went to the Y to work out. Tuesdays have become my night to do Ally Love’s Sundays with Love Peloton workout, and I tend to look forward to it all day and never fail to finish the workout drenched in sweat. Once I completed that and stretched, I came home to clean up and make myself dinner. I got in bed relatively early since I knew I wanted to wake up early for a true40 class the following morning.

I decided to do something different on Wednesday and shared on Instagram stories what a day in my life looks like. I’ve saved these stories to my “life” highlight in case you missed them and want to see more of what I was up to. My day started with a 4:30 alarm so I could drink some coffee and eat something before the 5:15 true40 class I attended. I came home and showered and got ready for work, which I kicked off with a half-day photoshoot for a feature that won’t run until March/April of 2021. How unreal does that sound?! It was a flower arrangement that involved daffodils, and I thought the daffodils were going to ruin the arrangement with how floppy they were, but fortunately, we were able to make it work. Once the shoot wrapped, I was able to get a lot done at my desk before a tasting and returning the teacup we borrowed from a local jewelry store in Mountain Brook. I went home briefly after that so I could at least brush my teeth before picking Nell up to go to a Furman alumni event at Hickory Tavern in Homewood. We stayed there for about an hour before quickly running home to eat dinner and change before bible study that night. Once bible study ended, I came home and got in bed to read.  


I was initially supposed to be styling a home tour on Thursday, but since that was canceled, I was able to print out a lot of paperwork, schedule meetings, and scout locations for future shoots. The day went by pretty slowly, and I had to leave around 3:30 to meet a roofer at our house to see why the crack in my ceiling is continuing to spread. Hopefully, that is officially fixed now, but it wasn’t terrible having to finish the workday from my couch. Later that evening, a girl a few years older than me that also went to Furman arranged for a group of girl Furman grads to get together at Freddy’s, a wine bar in Highland Park. We stayed for a little over an hour, sipping a glass of wine and getting to know one another better. I made myself dinner once I got home and got in bed after that to read before bed. 

Friday morning, I went to a 5:15 true40 class before work. I got to work at 8:00 and was able to get a lot done before a meeting around 10:00. I squared away some things for my shoot on Monday (today), and I’m so excited about what I’m getting to work on. I left work around 11:15 since I needed to stop by a jewelry store to pick out pieces of china to borrow to go along with that shoot. I have never been in that store with so many men, and I saw lots of last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts being purchased, ha! After work, I went to Maison Shoppe in Mountain Brook Village to help the owner style and take photos to use on social media. I stayed there until about 4:00 before heading home to get ready for my Valentine’s Day plans. My friends Nell and Hallie agreed to head to Chez Fon Fon with me around 5:00 to celebrate with their burger and pot de crème. We had to wait over an hour for our table, but I’d like to think it was worth it since we didn’t have anything else going on. Afterward, Nell and I came back to my house to wait for my roommate to get back from her parent’s house so that we could go out for a drink. We went to The Marble Ring in Avondale, which is set up to feel like a speakeasy. We each had a drink there before calling it a night. 

Saturday felt like a nearly perfect day with fun, laid-back plans. The weather was finally sunny (thank goodness), and Nell and I had plans to go to a 9:30 true40 class. After that, we parked at her apartment and walked to Crestline Bagel to get lunch. On our walk back, I noticed some outdoor furniture that perfectly matched what my roommate and I have on our deck sitting by a house’s trashcan on the curb. I decided not to go back and get it once I got back to my car and went to the grocery store instead. My roommate and I had invited our friends to come over for wine and sweets to watch the second To All The Boys I Loved Before that came out this past week on Netflix. I baked some cookies and made our favorite snack mix after showering and reading for a bit. We were supposed to meet some friends at a bar at 5 to watch the Auburn basketball game, but that fell through so Nell, Rebecca, and I ended up at Taco Mama instead. On the way back from Taco Mama, I drove back by where the outdoor furniture had been and decided that now was my chance to take it. One of the pieces didn’t fit all the way in my car, so we had to drive back to our house with the trunk open and Nell holding onto the chair to make sure it didn’t fall out. Nell and I ended up going back and getting two more pieces before calling it a night on picking up other people’s unwanted furniture. This was good timing since our friends had started arriving at my house to watch the movie. We finished the movie around 9:00 and chatted for a bit before people left, and my roommate and I went to sleep. 

Sunday morning, I slept in until about 8:30 and had breakfast in bed while listening to podcasts. Eventually, I got ready for church, and Nell picked me up for us to make it to the 11:00 service at the Cathedral Church of the Advent downtown. Once I was back, I swapped out loads of laundry, made a grocery list, and went to Trader Joe’s to get groceries for the week. When I got back from that, I put the ingredients for soup in the crockpot and made myself lunch. I went to the library in Crestline for a while to work on blog post text and eventually went for a short walk while talking with my parents on the phone before walking about two miles with Nell. I spent the rest of the afternoon tidying up my room, shooting blog photos, and cooking another meal to have on hand for the week. My evening was very laid back, which has me feeling ready for the week ahead, which is full of more shoots than this past week and really fun weekend plans. I can’t wait to share more with y’all next week! 

Happy Monday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished