Monday, May 18, 2020

Step Into My Week 5.18

I’m back! So sorry for the radio silence for the past week. I think I started to realize how crazy things are about to get now that we are slowly getting back into the office, and the thought of being overwhelmed by that made me want to soak up my time at home to the best of my ability. We will still be doing our work from home while we can, but our shoot schedules will be a bit more frequent than the one shoot a week I’ve been assigned the past few weeks. In a lot of ways, I’m excited to get back into a routine, but I have a feeling it will be an adjustment. I’m also going to go ahead and apologize right here for the lack of photos I have for this week. While I did some fun things, I haven’t been documenting things with photos very well lately. Hopefully this week I’ll be better about that since I will be heading to the beach with friends. 

Mondays have definitely felt like my most structured work from home days since I have conference calls for shoots most of the time that morning. I had two this past Monday for my day in the office on Thursday, and by the time those wrapped up and I sent information to those teams, it was nearly lunchtime. In the afternoon, I worked on finalizing details for a few of the shoots that I’ll be working on at the end of the month, and it felt good to have a deadline for a project I was doing. Since the weather was nice, I went for a run on my lunch break and then showered and finished my day with some emails and other tasks. I had made a crockpot meal that I had for dinner on the deck and hung out there for a while before coming inside, watching Chopped, and going to bed. 

I was at home again on Tuesday doing pretty much the same thing as Monday. At this point, I can’t really remember all I got done but our friend Mary came over that night and watched a movie with my roommate and I. Wednesday was pretty much the same too although I definitely felt like I hit a wall in terms of productivity since I was trying so hard to get things done but felt unsuccessful. I went for a walk around 10:30 for a change of scenery and had lunch and worked on some stuff before leading a training session that afternoon. My boss and I chatted on the phone once that wrapped up, and I opted to go for another walk with a friend. We were supposed to have bible study that night virtually, but it didn’t seem like everyone was going to be able to make it, so we moved when that was going to be, and my roommate and I watched a movie on Netflix instead.

Thursday, it was back to the office for a cover shoot and food shoot for two of our different titles. The cover shoot felt like it was taking forever, but fortunately, the other shoot seemed to move quickly. After work, I had planned to go on a walk with a girl I met walking through my neighborhood over the past couple of months. She has been so sweet and intentional about becoming friends that it was exciting to finally get to hang out and get to know one another. We walked for about an hour and a half before I went to a friend’s house to make dinner and watch a movie before heading home. 

I started my Friday with a run before settling into emails and the rest of the tasks I wanted to accomplish before the week wrapped up. I treated myself to coffee at Church Street Coffee and Books and went to the store to prepare for my evening plans. I was really productive in the afternoon and got lots of laundry and cleaning done, which felt nice. That night, some friends that live a couple of streets over from my roommate and I came over for appetizers to kick off the progressive dinner we had planned. We stayed at our house for over an hour and then walked to another friend’s house for a shrimp boil as our dinner. While that was cooking, we played a board game and then it was time to walk to the last home for dessert. We ate it outside while drinking wine and finally called it a night around 12:30. 

Saturday morning, I had a relatively lazy morning drinking coffee in bed. I read outside for a while since it was nice and then played scrabble with a friend before going on a run. I came home and quickly showered and got ready so that I could head to dinner at a friend’s parent’s house. We grabbed a drink and my friend’s brother’s dog and went on a walk on the golf course before coming back and helping with dinner. After that, we played Scrabble for a bit, and then I went to bed early. 

I didn’t realize Sunday was supposed to be rainy, but it made for a good day to not do too much in the morning and watch Netflix instead. In the afternoon, I went to see my friends Macy and Drew at the house they just purchased. Macy and I hadn’t seen each other in nearly ten weeks, so we went on a walk to catch each other up on life. We ended up going four and a half miles before coming back to see the progress Drew had made on the backsplash. After a little bit more chatting, I headed home to shower, make dinner, and watch TV with my roommate. I was in bed by 9:00 and asleep pretty soon after!

I hope that y’all had a nice week and weekend, and I hope to be a bit more consistent over here this week! 

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished