Monday, October 7, 2019

Step Into My Week 10.7

I’m back! So sorry to leave y’all hanging on Friday without a post, but I knew that with the time I had to get one up, it wouldn’t be the best quality, and sometimes it’s better to work longer on a post than get something up for the sake of having something live. I recently went through and scheduled out my post ideas for the rest of the year (!!), and now I’ve got to find time to work on them all. This past week and week ahead won’t be that time given that I’ve known these to be my busiest weeks in a while given that we are in full-on preparation mode for an event we are hosting for work this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for us that all goes according to plan! I woke up today not feeling my best, and I am hoping that an early bedtime will have me ready to roll the rest of this week. As for last week, I felt like I never stopped moving. Here’s what I was up to: 

Monday morning, I went to the office for a little bit before heading to the location of our shoot for the day. We were working on a feature that required a variety of shots with lots of different products included. We were able to get through those shots by midafternoon and even had time to shoot some photos for another title, as well. I took the van that we re-packed with all the props back to the office and then headed to the Y to work out. Once I was home and showered I got a bit of blog work done before making dinner and hanging out for the rest of the night. 

I knew Tuesday was bound to be busy with props to be unloaded, packed up, and returned and a binder and resources to get through. Those things took the most part of my morning, and the rest of the day I worked on pulling images for social posts, writing a bit of copy, and doing content management for an issue that will be on newsstands soon. After work, I decided to go to a true40 class instead of workout at the Y. That finished at 7:00, and I went home to shower and make dinner afterward. 

Wednesday was very similar to Tuesday when it came to my to-do list for the day. I had to make a return from a shoot at a store in Mountain Brook Village, which is close to my house, so I was able to go home for lunch. Most of the afternoon, I was able to package up a few final returns and schedule social posts for last week and this week. After work, I went to a true40 class before racing home to eat before bible study that evening. After bible study, I quickly showered and got ready for bed. 

Thursday morning, I went into the office to get a few things done before another all-day shoot. This one involved food, which often makes them take a bit longer. It turned out beautifully, and we finished a little bit earlier than expected. After work, I went home to get some work done and wait out the heat a bit before going for a run. I figured it would have cooled down earlier since it is starting to get dark earlier, but when I finished at 7:00, it was still 96 degrees. I was very excited to shower after that and made dinner and cookies before going to bed.

I got up early on Friday morning to make it to the 5:15 true40 class I had signed up for. When I walked out of the studio around 6:20, I caught a pretty sunrise, which was a great way to begin the day. I headed home to shower and get ready before spending a little while at Starbucks playing catch up on emails. I got to work at 8:00 and was able to get through a lot of my to-do list before needing to make a few local returns for a stylist. Once I was off of work for the day, I went to Publix to get my flu shot and headed home to pack for the weekend. Nell had invited me to go with her to some land her family has near Monroeville. We left around 2:00 and made it to the town where her brother had a football game that night. We ate dinner at a local restaurant before heading to the game. Her brother’s team ended up winning, but it was a close call for the first half, which made it a good game to watch. Once it was over, we drove about an hour to their place and fell asleep soon after that. 

Saturday morning, we slept in a bit before making pumpkin waffles and bacon for breakfast. Some of Nell’s extended family came for lunch and brought their children who were fun to watch run around. We stayed inside chatting for a while since it suddenly started to rain and then made our way outside to go for a drive around some nearby property and eventually shoot skeet with her dad. I definitely have room for improvement but was reminded how fun of an activity shooting skeet is. Once we finished up, we came back to the house to eat dinner and watch football for the rest of the night.


We set our alarms for Sunday morning so that we could get up and go fishing before brunch. Nell’s dad took us out in their lake, and between the three of us, we ended up catching 39 fish. We cleaned up and headed in for brunch before cleaning the fish. Once that was done, we came back to the house and packed up to head back to Birmingham. We got back around 4:00, stopping at Trader Joe’s on our way in before Nell dropped me off. I went for a quick walk to talk on the phone with my parents before showering, unpacking, and getting some work done in anticipation of the busy week ahead. My roommate and I ended our weekend watching a movie on the couch before calling it a night. 

I hope that y’all had a great week and are also getting some cooler temperatures this week. I know everyone in Birmingham is thrilled that we don’t see 90 anywhere on the weather forecast.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished