Monday, July 22, 2019

Step Into My Week 7.22

I woke up ready to roll this week knowing that I will only be at work two days and the vacation I’ve had on my calendar for well over a year is finally here! It’s officially Sophia’s wedding week, so I will be Seattle bound on Tuesday after work for my first taste of the Pacific North West and all the wedding excitement and festivities the week will bring. I will admit that I am slightly nervous since I haven’t taken a whole week off of work (or anything more than two days at a time) since starting this job last September and am hoping that all of my effort to get ahead before departing will make it so that I don’t feel too guilty while being away from the office for that long. Between you and I, I’m kind of hoping I’ll be having too much fun to even think about it. In the meantime, if you have any recommendations when it comes to packing up a bridesmaid dress for a plane ride, let me know. 

I knew going into the office last Monday that I was in for a busy day given that the to-do list to be tackled had been started the previous Thursday. I had an article for an issue due that I wanted to re-work before submitting and had the biggest dose of writer’s block in a while. Fortunately, while brainstorming what I wanted to write, I had plenty of other tasks to keep myself busy. I finally got the piece completed and was also able to tackle most of the rest of my list accomplishing sending out complimentary copies, creating invoices, responding to comments, and getting through my weekend emails. After work, I went to the Y to work out before coming home and showering before settling in to watch the Bachelorette with my dinner and some friends that night. I got in bed shortly after the episode was over to read and fall to sleep a lot earlier than the previous night. 

Tuesday was a bit calmer with less on my to-do list. We are already focusing on holiday content, so the better half of my morning was spent sourcing Christmas ornaments for a shoot that I had to call in products for later in the week. I pulled inspiration shots for that same shoot and attempted to get ahead on pulling social posts for when I am gone. The caption writing for that was not nearly as productive as I would have liked it to be, but fortunately, I had some time to continue working on that the remainder of the week. I was in a hurry out of the office that afternoon since I had plans to meet Macy and her boyfriend, Drew, at a free True40 workout class in downtown Birmingham. I was a bit of a dummy and forgot to put a yoga mat in my car that morning, which made it a bit of a challenge, but you live, and you learn, I suppose. We did a ton of leg work and pushups, so I felt the workout on Wednesday morning when I woke up. After the class was over, we headed to Taco Mama in Crestline for half-priced margaritas and then Macy and I walked home (and Drew kindly drove our stuff there). Once I got back, I showered and did a little blog work before drying my hair and turning off the light to go to sleep around 9:40. 

When I look back at my calendar for Wednesday, it doesn’t look like I got that much done solely because the things I was working on ended up taking a good bit of time. Since I am heading out of town this week, I was trying to get pretty far ahead on regular social captions and also captions regarding an event we are hosting. I also had a web post to work on and resources and images to pull. After work, I went home and changed to play tennis with a friend. It was insanely hot, but we played several games (which I lost all but two of…), and I was reminded of why I steered clear of hand-eye coordination sports. We grabbed a quick dinner at Saw’s before I was supposed to head off to bible study, which ended up getting canceled. Instead, I showered and did blog work before heading to bed. 

Thursday was a day for the storybooks when it came to the photoshoot we had all day. The location was incredible with a perfect view of the Birmingham city skyline. Little did we know just how important the view would become as we could see the rain coming not once, not twice, but three separate times. After meticulously setting things up and starting to get some photos this was pretty frustrating but also would’ve been very entertaining for any on-lookers to watch since we were scrambling in the rain to make sure none of the props we were using got soaked. If you followed along with my Instagram stories that day, then you already got to see a behind the scenes glance of how it all went down. By the time we wrapped the shoot, we were all a weird combination of sweaty, drenched, and tired. I had to take the van back to the office to retrieve my car and quickly shower before meeting my friends to celebrate the July birthdays in our friend group. We went to Chez Fon Fon (order the burger if you go, it’s amazing, and I’m not usually much of a burger person) which was as delicious as I had remembered. Since it was a birthday celebration, we ordered a few different desserts to share one of which was a coconut pecan cake that I had had the week before and hadn’t been able to stop thinking about since. Some of the group was headed to the Baron’s game that night but after activities each night of the week already I was ready for a night in attempting to relax. That was until I came home to discover that my Nordstrom Sale order had arrived which meant it was back to work finishing the next day’s blog post. I went to bed close to 11 and was up early the next morning to get some photos taken.


When my alarm went off at five on Friday morning, the last thing I wanted to do was change my outfit countless times to get pictures for that day’s post, but once I started pairing the items with different pieces, I ended up shooting about 15 different looks. I was swamped all day at the office and ended up staying a bit past noon to get everything I needed to do accomplished. From there I went to Trader Joe’s for some granola bars and honey and then picked up my bridesmaid dress for next Saturday at the alterations place. By the time I got home, I was hungry, so I made lunch and showered before baking oatmeal and continuing to get work done. Once I finished some laundry, I packed an overnight bag for the lake and met Nell and her roommate Madeleine at their apartment to drive nearly two hours to Lake Martin. I slept a little bit in the car (world’s worst passenger), and we arrived around 7:00 ready to dig into the pizza that the other girls had picked up on their way in. After eating, we changed into our pajamas and got comfy in the living room watching This Means War. I don’t know how I had never seen or even heard of this cue Reese Witherspoon movie, but it’s one I’d recommend! After the movie was finished, we all were tired enough after a long week to go to sleep. 

my pajama pants are on sale here

Saturday morning I woke up around 8:30 and my friends Anna and Molly were already in the kitchen making breakfast for us. Slowly everyone began to wake up, and we all ate a big breakfast complete with a muffin with candles to celebrate one of our friend’s birthdays. By 10:00, we were in our swimsuits headed to the pool to soak up some sun and hang out. We lucked out in that the weather stayed clear the whole time we were at the lake. We popped back into the condo for lunch and were back out by the lake shortly after. Since we only had planned to stay Friday night, we packed up and loaded up our cars to head back to Birmingham around 4:00. I was convinced I was going to fall asleep on the way back too until we stopped at Dairy Queen for a blizzard. I got back to my house around 6:20 and showered before meeting friends for dinner at Saw’s (yep, for the second time that week) a little after 7:00. We went to my house afterward and watched Father of the Bride before everyone headed home.

I slept in a bit on Sunday morning before eating breakfast in bed and eventually getting ready to head to church with Nell. I ran to Target afterward to pick up a few travel-size items for my trip before coming home and having lunch. Nell came over that afternoon to help with some photos, and once she left, I went for a walk while talking on the phone to my parents. I made the mistake of deciding to run on my way home, and I think I sweated out every bit of the water I had hydrated with that day given how hot it has been. Once I had cooled down, I showered, did some laundry, and started to pack before getting in bed to read.

Also as a heads up, the Lake Pajama Summer Sale just started and sizes are already selling out. If you've been wanting a pair of these pajamas that I adore then start definitely shop fast

I hope that y’all had a great weekend. Happy Monday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished