Monday, May 3, 2021

Step Into My Week 5.3

Today in Birmingham is rainy with thunderstorms which are making it feel like such a Monday. Fortunately, I went to bed early last night, so even with the gloomy weather, I’m hoping it doesn’t hinder my productivity to kick off the week. Last week was a busy one in a good way, and I’m hoping to carry that momentum through to this week as well. Anyone else in disbelief that it’s already May though?! This year is flying by. 

Typically, our work schedule is set up so that we can get most of our meetings done on Mondays and therefore don’t often have Monday shoots. Last Monday was different, however, given that I was scheduled to style a home tour. I was able to do most of my prep work on Sunday, but I still got to the office early to finalize some of the last-minute packing of props that needed to be done. I arrived at the house around 9:00, and we shot until close to 4:00. Thankfully the homeowner had a great setup, which made my job easier since I really just had to fluff things up to look camera-ready. After work, I went to meet with Elizabeth, who owns Hibiscus House, to see her beautiful showroom. She has a business sourcing and lacquering furniture, and it was so fun for us to connect. I left there around 6:30 and was starving and unmotivated to cook, so Hunter and I got Taco Mama to go and watched a movie while eating it. I went home tired before 10:00, knowing that I had an early morning the next day. 

On Tuesday, I went to a 6:00 cycle class to get my day started. I quickly showered at home before picking up the last of the flowers I needed from a local florist before heading to the office for that day’s shoot. I was doing a feature for both March/April of 2022 and September of this year, so it was a little all over the place. We finished the shoot by capturing some reels to share once the issues hit newsstands. It was around 1:30 when I left the office, and I finally ate lunch once I made it home. I worked from our sofa after eating and was able to pull all the props I plan to use for a shoot I have next week during that time. At 5:00, I met up with my friend childhood best friend Kate to go for a walk after not seeing each other for over a year despite both living in Birmingham. We had tried to get together a couple of times in the past months, but the weather kept not working with us. Fortunately, it was really pretty Tuesday evening, and we went about 4 miles while catching each other up on life. I came home and ate leftover salmon that night while working on some blog content before bed. 

Since my shoots for the week were finished for the week, it was nice to have the rest of the week to power through computer work. I went to another cycling class Wednesday morning before going into the office to unpack props and packages and ship items back. This took until around 1:00 when I came back home for the rest of my workday. Around 5:00, I went over to Hunter’s house to use his dryer (since ours is broken and we don’t want to have to deal with fixing it before moving) before heading to supper club at Macy and Drew’s house that night. We ate dinner on their porch and played with their puppy until around 9:30 before heading home. 

I was on the waitlist for another morning cycling class on Thursday but didn’t get off the list, which ended up working out for the best since I had a long to-do list of things that I needed to get done before heading out of town for the weekend. I was able to get through most everything and pack for the lake during the day, and Hunter and I drove to his family’s lake house once my workday wrapped up. There was still a little bit of daylight left when we arrived, so we sat on the dock until his mom and brother and sister-in-law arrived later that night. The boys turned the NFL Draft on while dinner was being made and we ate outside on the porch while watching. I went to bed around 10:00 to prepare for the rest of the weekend ahead.

I woke up early to get some work done from my room before Hunter’s tee time. His brother and sister-in-law joined in, and we headed to Willow Point where I worked from the golf cart until noon. The weather was nice and breezy, and despite me not knowing all that much about golf, it was a lot of fun! When we got back to the house in the afternoon, we made lunch, and his sister and her boyfriend showed up, followed by Hunter’s dad. Everyone changed into swimsuits and went down to hang out on the dock for a few hours. The boat was eventually picked up from the marina, and we went for a late afternoon ride before everyone went inside to shower and clean up before dinner. Since Janie and Matthew were graduating from Auburn the next day, we had steaks for dinner followed by cake to celebrate! We sat on the porch after dinner watching that night’s draft, and about half of us fell asleep out there. I eventually made my way to my room, ready to get in bed after being in the sun for a good portion of the day.

Saturday was graduation day, so everyone was up and getting ready for that so that we could leave by 10:00 to make it to Auburn in time to get a bite to eat before watching Janie’s ceremony. Hunter’s oldest brother had arrived late the night before and joined us with his other brother and sister-in-law. We went to Live Oaks for brunch and then made our way to the stadium to watch the ceremony. It didn’t last all that long which was nice given that it was hot and everyone took some pictures afterward. Before we knew it, we were on our way back to the lake. We ate a late lunch once we got there and changed into swimsuits to head down to the dock. We stayed out there until it was time to watch the Kentucky Derby, and then Hunter and I went on a boat ride. Everyone ordered dinner from Willow Point that night and hung out reading or watching TV until it was time to eat. We watched the first couple of episodes of Ted Lasso that night before going to bed.

Janie has a blog called Just Jane Elisabeth which you can find here

The guys had a tee time Sunday morning, so we got to sleep in some. I woke up around 8:15 and made a cup of coffee which I drank on the porch while reading until everyone else started moving. We had a leisurely breakfast while the sheets and towels were being cleaned. Eventually, we were able to put the rooms back together, and the guys made it back. Hunter and I took the boat back to the marina, packed up, and ate sandwiches before heading back to Birmingham that afternoon. I unpacked when I made it home, and I think I was in pajamas before 5:00. I talked on the phone to my dad, caught up with my roommate, and made myself dinner before getting in bed to continue to read and fall asleep.

I hope that your week is off to a prettier start than it is currently in Birmingham! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished