Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Step Into My Week 5.19

 Nothing like starting your week on a Wednesday to really throw you for a loop. I didn’t mean to be so quiet on the blog last week, but sometimes when I’m getting ready to head out of town on vacation, I end up having lots to do ahead of time to not work while on it that something has to fall to the wayside. In last week’s case, that was blogging. Fortunately, I’m back with an update for y’all about all I’ve been up to in my absence. And I will warn you that with moving (still in Birmingham, just to a new rental house) at the end of this month and lots of juggling in order to prepare for that, I may be in and out in this space over the next few weeks. As for this past week and a bit…

I’m having to really think when it comes to what I was up to two Mondays ago, and all that I can remember is working from home and then much later in the afternoon heading to the Hibiscus House showroom to style some things for the website and social media. Although I don’t remember what I made, I know I made dinner at some point and probably got in bed early to read.

I got up early on Tuesday morning to take a cycling class with my favorite instructor, which ended up being a private lesson since everyone else in the class late canceled. It was an awesome class and a good way to start the day. I worked from home all day which was nice, and I spent my evening working on some social media captions for Hibiscus House before going over to Hunter’s house since he wanted to make dinner. After eating the pasta, he made we watched Secondhand Lions before I left and went to sleep.

Wednesday morning, I went to an MPower Pilates class and went to get some flowers afterward. I went into the office for a meeting and to prep for my shoot and arrange the flowers. Since the location we were using for my shoot the following day was at one of my coworker’s houses, I was able to go ahead there and set the table in order for us to get an early start the following day. I can’t remember what I did that night, but I think I just made dinner and hung out at home. 

Thursday was the day of my shoot which was a jazz brunch for one of our January/February 2022 issues. We were there until around 3:00, which gave me time to run by the office and unload my car of the props before heading home. I did some laundry and started to lay things out to pack before getting dinner at Rougaroux with Hunter and watching a movie. We turned on the Netflix Chicago Seven movie, and although it’s one I’ve been wanting to see, I was so tired from the day that I fell asleep within the first 30 minutes, oops. 

I started my Friday morning with an early MPower class before heading back home to shower and pack up to leave town. Hunter and I left around 10:00 to drive to Asheville to meet my parents and their friends at a cabin they rented just outside of town. We made good time and arrived a little before 5:00 with one stop at The Varsity. Everyone hung out on the porch for a while before we had dinner and relaxed that night. 

On Saturday, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and eventually, everyone got ready to head to Biltmore Village to shop around and eat lunch. Since most of the people we were with had already seen the Biltmore, we didn’t end up doing that this trip. We had lunch at a Mexican Restaurant in town, and the guys left to play golf while the girls shopped around before heading back to the cabin. I read on the back porch for a while until the guys finished golfing. After everyone got cleaned up, we ate dinner and played scrabble.

Sunday, we made our way to the North Carolina Arboretum, which was really pretty. We wandered around there for a while before trying to go to Sierra Nevada, which was only open with reservations and ours weren’t until the following day. We ended up at a pizza place and then went back to the cabin for a bit before playing pickleball. After six games, we came back for dinner and played Mexican Train before a late bedtime.

On Monday morning, Hunter and I got up and went on a hike nearby. Although it was under 2 miles it felt mostly uphill and was a good workout. We came back to the cabin and got ready to head with my parents and their friends to Sierra Nevada Brewing for lunch. Everyone’s meal looked good, and after we finished eating we sat outside and enjoyed another beer. That afternoon I think everyone was feeling tired, so we came back to the cabin to nap and hung out there the rest of the night. We had homemade pizza for dinner and finished our game of Mexican Train from the night before. 

Tuesday, it was time to leave, so Hunter and I hit the road a little after seven and made a pit stop at Tandem near Furman on our way back to Birmingham. We got back around noon, and I spent my afternoon unpacking and getting ahead on some blog work. I watched the Netflix adaptation of The Woman in the Window (which I had previously read) and eventually made myself dinner. I got in bed pretty early so that I could finish the book I’ve been reading called Estate Secrets. I had a little under 100 pages left and didn’t fall asleep until after I got through them. The plot made it impossible to put down! 

Although my to-do list is long today, I’m excited to get back in the swing of things now that I’m rested after a fun and relaxing vacation. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished