Monday, December 9, 2019

Step Into My Week 12.9

This probably sounds bad, but I am so glad that last week is over and I can start fresh this week. Have you ever heard the saying about how bad things come in threes? Well, I lived that this week. Fortunately, those “bad things” are all very manageable, but with a crazy work week having one thing at home throw me off course was more than I really wanted to deal with, let alone three things. So, I am thrilled we are into a new week, and I can start fresh.

Last week was also my first week officially as a stylist. Unfortunately, the company I work for hasn’t hired someone to fill my old role just yet, so for the time being, I have to do both things. This made for a non-stop on the go week as well. I spent some time on Monday morning packing up my desk upstairs to eventually move to my new desk downstairs. I did typical desk tasks in the morning and then in the afternoon, helped our senior stylist, Sidney, set up for a Christmas cover shoot happening on Tuesday. Once we finished that set up process, I went home to change quickly before going to a workout class at True40. After the class was over, I came home, showered, cooked dinner, and hung out before going to bed.

Tuesday was the day of the cover shoot, and I spent pretty much the entire day on location. Once everything was set up, I had tons of emails to send out to gather props for the shoot I have on my own this week. In the afternoon, I went to look at the location for that shoot before coming back to the cover shoot until about 5:30. After we got the final shot, I went to the Y to spin for a bit before coming home to shower for what I thought was going to be a laid back evening. Instead, my roommate and I discovered that in addition to the rat that has been coming in and out of our unfinished basement laundry room, we also had some sort of sewage leak. While we were very, very annoyed about this, we tried our best to laugh about it since that seemed like a better option than panicking. Nell and I had plans to go get Chick-fil-A’s peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes and catching up, which fortunately still happened despite the mess we were dealing with downstairs. 

On Wednesday, I met Sidney to clean up from the cover shoot, and we went to a pop-up event on our way back to the office. I was able to order in some props and do desk work for a while before heading to two other pop up events that afternoon/evening. Once those were over, I met my small group for a fellowship night at Taco Mama in Crestline before heading home and calling it a day. 

Thursday morning, I officially moved my desk downstairs, and boxes quickly overtook it for this week’s shoot. I ended up having to take over another stylists’ in-studio food shoot due to her son getting sick, which threw off my day a little bit but was good experience. In the afternoon, I ran the errands I needed to run for this week’s shoot before going to the Y to get a workout in. I changed back in my work clothes at the Y so that I could meet my friends and a friend’s parents for a delicious meal at Galley & Garden. Katie’s parents were so generous in treating us to this meal, and we all had a blast. By the time I got home, it was way past my bedtime, but I still had to shower before I could finally call it a night. 

On Friday morning, I spent about 30 minutes doing some blog work at Starbucks before getting so much done at work. Once I was off for the day, I went home to eat lunch and wrap a few Christmas presents before going to Nell’s apartment to do my laundry (since both the sewage issue and rat made our laundry room uninviting). While my laundry was going, Nell and I went for a walk through Crestline before going to dinner with our friend Mary. After my laundry had finally finished, I headed home to shower, and Nell came over to watch Home Alone. I ended up falling asleep during the movie and didn’t even know Nell had left. 

I was able to sleep in on Saturday morning, which was so lovely! I cleaned up our living room area in preparation for setting up our Christmas tree, which FINALLY arrived that morning. I’ll tell you now that this Christmas tree has been a true labor of love. I fluffed the first section and ran out of lights before even getting to the second section of the tree. This led me to both Target and Walmart, who were sold out of classic white Christmas lights with a green cord. I didn’t have time to search elsewhere since my friends and I went to Avondale Brewing to watch the Georgia LSU game. That was a lot of fun, and we ended up staying much later than I expected. By the time Nell and I finally made it to dinner at the new Carrigans in Mountain Brook village, it was nearly 8:00. The food and drinks there were just as delicious as the downtown location, and it’s much more convenient to my house, which is a plus. We drove around looking at Christmas lights for a bit before I dropped her off and went home to finish fluffing the tree. 

I woke up earlier on Sunday morning and put away the laundry before heading to Home Depot on the hunt for lights. Luckily they had plenty and a great tree topper too. I went ahead and finished the second section of the tree before it was time to go to church. After church Nell and I went to Trader Joe’s to get groceries for the week. I spent most of the afternoon tackling projects around the house and finally (or so I thought) finished the tree. Once my roommate got home, we deep cleaned our laundry room with bleach, a shop vac, and “it’s a hard-knock life” playing in the background. I can honestly say the room has never looked better, and I hope the exterminator appreciates this nice clean space when he comes today to handle our rat. I went on a walk and talked on the phone with my parents before coming home to shower. When I got out of the shower, I discovered that all of the lights had gone out on our Christmas tree, which made me want to cry. After a phone call home and a large glass of wine poured, I finished making my dinner, checked every strand of light, and had to change the fuse of a strand before the tree finally lit back up. I called my mom again, and she said it best, “I’m glad you can go to bed without being mad at your Christmas tree.” Thankfully I was able to enjoy my dinner next to the lit Christmas tree while watching The Holiday. 

I hope that y’all had a less frantic week than I did, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this week is calmer.

1 comment :

  1. This luxury branded handbag is so classic and daring all the time, Fake Dior Replica Bags hundreds and thousands of customers have been greatly intrigued by its charm in recent years.
    For a bit of faddish and fabulous style, check out this amazing bag! Replica Bottega Veneta UK The practical and aesthetic design will never let you down.
    As one of the most dependable supplier of top quality brand bags, Replica Hermes Kelly 32cm Shoulder Bags we have won high-end reputation and fame in the field of luxury bag supplying.
    Coupled with bold and sophisticated design, Replica Yves Saint Laurent Bags is so sought after around the world these years that hundreds and thousands of bag collectors are paying more attention to this bag.
    Here on our online store, all kinds of well-designed branded handbags are cheap on sale. Replica Hermes Watches For Sale You can find your desired one among the vast number of fashionable collection.
    Fake Rolex watches Sale is recognized by exquisite design and sophisticated. It has been regarded as the international symbol of luxury and fashion for bag collectors.
    What we can provide to our customers are perfect bags, Cheap Hermes Replica Bags affordable price, courteous customer service and fashion express shipment service.
    According to the testimonials and feedback from our customers, Fake IWC watches Sale is highly recommended for its durable quality as well as reasonable price.
    Replica Panerai Watches For Sale The bags you see being sold on our online store are really worth for your money because all of them are best combination of exquisite handcraft and raw materials.


Blog Design by Get Polished