Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Step Into My Week 12.3

I feel like I'm finally coming up for air and connecting with y'all again today after so many gift guides and sale posts all in a row. While I love doing those for y'all it can be tiring trying to get everything up in a timely matter and make sure that it is quality information over a certain quantity of links. There are times when I write Step Into My Week posts and feel like they are boring, but it feels so nice to be writing this one since it covers the Thanksgiving holiday.

While the beginning of the week was eventful, the latter end of the week was very laid back. Monday started with my first in-studio styled shoot, which required a trip to a florist on my way to work. Once I got the supplies I needed, I went through some emails and a few other tasks at my desk before heading downstairs to get started. We had a few different shoots going on at once, but while some of those were happening, I was able to work on the wreath I needed to make for mine. The morning flew by, and once all those shoots were finished, I went back upstairs to my desk to get more work done before leaving at 5. That evening was True40’s Holiday Open House, so the class that evening was packed, and a DJ was in the workout studio with us while we took the class. From there, I came home to pack, clean, eat, and shower before heading to bed. 

Tuesday, I worked a half-day and had a lot I was trying to get done in a very short amount of time. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t stressed trying to get through my to-do list before leaving around noon. I left directly from the office to drive to Fairhope for the holiday and luckily didn’t have to deal with too much traffic. Once I got home, I had a couple of hours to hang out with my family before heading to a party for a friend that evening. There were a bunch of people there that I hadn’t seen in a while, so I spent a lot of time catching up and eating some of the delicious food that was there. I know we got a group picture there but can’t seem to remember whose phone it was on, so sadly, I don’t have it to share. I got home around 11 and was so excited to sleep in my own bed! 

Wednesday morning, I slept in a little bit before eating breakfast and turning on the Today Show (one of my favorite break rituals). My mom got a Peloton as an early Christmas present, so I decided to take the live ride at 9:30 that morning. It was an awesome workout and so convenient to be able to do it in the comforts of our home. I was pretty sweaty afterward, so I showered after cooling down. After doing a bit more blog work, I had lunch with my parents and hung out at home before it was time to get ready to head to my friend’s deb ball in Mobile that night. We got over there a little before 7:00, and the event started at 8:00, so we were able to hang out for a bit before the festivities really got started. Turner looked beautiful, and everyone had a blast (even if I did get someone’s drink spilled all over me). We finally left Mobile around midnight, and I made it back to my house around 1:30.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, so I had to get up and ready to drive to the beach to meet my family there, which is where I spent the rest of my vacation. We had a big lunch around 1:00, and I was thrilled about getting to take a nap that afternoon after a late night. The rest of the day was spent sitting on the front porch with family and snacking despite feeling so full from our meal earlier. 

We decided to go on a long boat ride on Friday morning, which ended up being a lot colder than I expected. I was happy to defrost once we got back to the house and had lunch. I took another nap that afternoon (a theme when I’m at the beach), and we fried oysters on the porch that night for dinner. Saturday was pretty similar to Friday in that we mainly spent it hanging out, napping, and then watching a disappointing football game (roll tide anyways). I hung out with my parents for a bit after that before packing up to prepare to drive back to Birmingham the following morning. 

On Sunday, I woke up and washed my sheets before eating breakfast and loading up my car. Once my room was put back together, I got on the road and ended up arriving three hours later than my original ETA, thanks to traffic. I got back to Birmingham around 4:00 and made a quick grocery store run before unpacking and showering. That night my roommate and I caught each other up on our breaks, watched a Christmas movie, and went to bed early! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished