Monday, January 27, 2020

Step Into My Week 1.27

As I was preparing to write out today’s Step Into My Week post, I realized just how much I depend on looking at my calendar to remember what I’ve done during a given week. Sadly I left it at work over the weekend, so I had to base what I’ve been up to this past week purely on memory and what I had saved as meetings in my phone calendar. I’m sure there is stud I left out, but overall, I’d like to think I included just about everything. As a whole, this week felt manageable, a nice change in pace, given how scattered I’ve felt since the year began. Since I shared last Monday in my previous Step Into My Week post, we’ll start with Tuesday.

Tuesday ended up being a pretty out of the ordinary day since I had to go home around one to meet a repairman at our house as he gauged the situation that is the giant crack in my ceiling. Before that, though, I had a meeting about a shoot I was styling on Tuesday and finally unpacked my cart of all the props I had used from the previous week. I worked from home the rest of the afternoon and was able to go through all the brochures and business cards I picked up at Market to create a contact list for us to be able to use some of the great vendors we discovered while in Atlanta. That afternoon I went to a true40 class and then to the Y to do a Peloton workout. I love Ally Love’s Sunday’s with Love class and have started to make sure to build time into one evening to do it. After finishing these up, I came home to shower and make dinner before getting in bed to read. 


It was really cold in Birmingham this past week and on Wednesday, especially. I had a studio food shoot all day, which didn’t give me a ton of time to tackle the things on my week’s to-do list. I am slowly becoming more comfortable styling food. I am glad to have been given the experience to be alongside another stylist in the studio in case I had any questions. When we finished that around 5:00, I was able to put away the props on my cart and then start opening some of the boxes of products that came in for the shoot I had on Friday. After work, I went to true40 and then came home to quickly eat some food before heading to bible study. We had a smaller group this week, so we mainly caught up after being apart for so long. When I got home, I packed my bag for the next day and then got in bed.

Thursday was a pretty standard day. I spent the morning at my desk getting work done and scheduling meetings for the following week. In the afternoon, I had some errands that I needed to run for the shoot I had the following day and was able to go ahead and get the flower arrangements accomplished. The bright summer-y colors certainly contrasted the cold rain we were experiencing outside. After work, I went to true40 and then came home and ate dinner on the couch with my roommate. 

I felt like Friday was a really good day, and I was especially pleased with how the photoshoot I had went. I started my morning at Starbucks, working on some blog graphics before getting to the office. We were working on two different summer place settings for Southern Lady’s July/August issue, and it was a lot of fun to creatively come up with those and see how they came to life. Once that wrapped, I had their new editorial assistant help me wrap presents for a Christmas shoot I have today (Monday). I packed up all of those props so that I would be able to go straight to the location from my house. After work, I came home to eat lunch and hang out for a little while before going to a 4:00 true40 class. I felt like a lot of my friends were out of town or having to work over the weekend, so I didn’t have very much planned. Nell got out of her rotation around 6:00, and we went to get Saw’s together for dinner. After dinner, my roommate and one of her friends were headed to TCBY, so I joined them for that before watching the second episode of The Morning Show with my roommate. I was falling asleep while watching it and ended up going to sleep before 10:00. 

Saturday morning I woke up not feeling great and fortunately felt decent enough to go to true40 at 10:45. They currently have a challenge where you try to take 15 classes before the end of the month, which would explain why I went every day this past week instead of mixing it up more like I usually do. After that, I came home, showered, and ate lunch. I got some laundry started and began watching the cheer docu-series on Netflix. Around 4:00, I went on a walk with Nell through Mountain Brook before getting dinner with a big group of friends at Mexico Lindo that night. I hung out at Nell’s apartment until around 8:30 and then came home to hang out. I continued watching another episode of Cheer and fell asleep early.

shop this photo here

I woke up around 8:00 on Sunday and ate breakfast on the couch before folding my laundry and getting ready for church. Nell and I went to the 11:00 service, and once that was finished, I headed to the store to get groceries for the week. I made myself an omelet for lunch before heading to Church Street Coffee to meet with a lady involved with the KD chapter at Birmingham-Southern. After that, I went to the library in Crestline before heading to a meeting with a local shop owner at 4:00. I talked on the phone with my parents while making my way home. I tidied up my room, showered, and cooked some food for the week before having a laid-back evening to prepare for the week ahead. 

It felt good to have a less hectic week and weekend, and I’m definitely looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this coming week as well. I hope y’all had a great week/weekend, too, and am glad you chose to start your week by checking out the blog! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished