Monday, January 13, 2020

Step Into My Week 1.13

Hello, Monday! If your work schedule is similar to mine, then it probably means that this past week was the first full week you worked now that it is 2020. And if you’re reading this, then you, like me, somehow survived it. Although, I’ll be the first to admit that waking up to a very early alarm five days in a row seemed like a lot after a good amount of time off around the holidays. By the time Friday came around, I was simultaneously shocked that it was already Friday and relieved since I somehow managed to fit a whole lot into this past week. Sometimes I think it is best to hit the ground running instead of just easing back into a routine, and this week was certainly one that kept me on my toes. 

I decided to start my week off right with an early morning workout at true40. While I wasn’t thrilled to have my alarm go off at 4:30, it made me ready to accomplish a lot by the time I got to work, which was good since my to-do list was lengthy. I spent about two hours that morning starting to train the person who now has my old role before heading into a meeting for a photoshoot planned for the end of this past week. By the time those things were done, it was time to meet my team for lunch as a baby shower of sorts for one of the stylists who is due this week. Once we finished there, I headed back to the office to unpack some boxes that arrived before going to see the location for the shoot I had the following day to get an idea of props that needed to be purchased and brought in. On my way back to the office, I went to a bunch of stores to gather items that I packed up when I was back at the office. Since I had worked out in the morning, I was able to head straight home and hang out for a bit before going to my friend Macy’s house to watch the season premiere of the Bachelor. We had no idea that it was going to be 3 hours but stuck it out the whole time before heading home to go to sleep.

Tuesday morning, I went to Target for a few last-minute items that I thought I would need for the shoot I had that day and the one scheduled for Wednesday. As I mentioned on Instagram stories, I waited in the parking garage outside of Target for a while since I was convinced Target opened at 7:00 instead of 8:00. I loved the way this small space photoshoot went, especially since it was at the home of an interior designer whose designs I love. Her well-decorated space made it easy to look nice! We wrapped the shoot a little bit before 2:00, and since it was near my house, I went home to eat a salad before heading back to the office to unpack the day’s props and repack for the shoot the following day. After work, I went to the Y where I did a peloton workout using the stationary bikes at the gym and the Peloton app. It’s not quite as effective as using the actual Peloton since I am not tracking my cadence, and the resistance knobs are different, but as a whole, it’s nice to have it as an option. After working out, I came home to shower, make dinner, and watch an episode of You on Netflix. 



My shoot on Wednesday took place at my friend Macy’s house, but I had so many props for it that I had to take a work van, which meant heading to the office to pick that up before beginning to shoot. All in all, we were able to get a lot of good shots for the issue and probably finished around 3:00. I went back to the office to unload before heading to true40 for a workout class. After carrying heavy boxes up and down the stairs most of the day, I was tempted to skip the class, but I am glad I didn’t since it was one of the best ones I had done. After that, I went home, showered, and got in bed early. 


Thursday was exciting since I didn’t have any shoots planned and instead was able to regroup and get my desk back to a workable state. I had a meeting about a shoot happening at the end of the month and spent most of the rest of the day unpacking from the previous day’s shoot and preparing boxes to be shipped back to some of our vendors. With my Christmas money, I purchased airpods, and they have already made such a difference when doing work at my desk, given that I can move around without worrying about my phone being connected to a cord. I am so confused as to why I waited so long to finally invest in a pair! Since I had an in-studio food shoot the following day, I also went ahead and organized my props for that. I ended my day with another Peloton workout at the Y before coming home and going through my typical evening routine. 

Friday ended up being an even more filled up day than I thought it would be starting with a meeting that morning and then the in-studio shoot of 5 different recipes for one of our food titles. That finished around 1:30, and I had to put away those props and re-pack for the shoot I have today. I finally left the office around 2:30 and was starving at that point. I ate at home and then went to the Y to do a Peloton workout since I really needed to shower anyway. On my way home from the gym, I grabbed a couple of new books from the library before showering and getting ready to go out to dinner with friends. We tried to go to Fancy’s on Fifth, but there was an hour and a half wait so we went to Five in Lakeshore instead. After that, we met a few more friends at Carrigan’s downtown. We headed back to our house around 10:00, and I decided to go to a pregame at a friend’s house instead of going to sleep. We stayed there for a little while before going to Moe’s and Mom’s Basement before ending up at our friend’s house again. We stayed there for a bit before it was way past my bedtime and time to head home. 

On Saturday, I slept in and had a lazy morning before meeting Nell and Caroline at Olexa’s in Mountain Brook Village for lunch. The weather was supposed to get really bad that afternoon, so there was pretty much no one in the restaurant and we ended up getting to-go boxes for our food as the wind and rain picked up outside. We came back to my house, and a few more friends stopped by to watch movies and ride out the storm with us. They left for a little while only to come back and have a girl’s pizza and game night. It was the perfect lazy day that ended with me falling asleep before 11! 

On Sunday, I went to church with Nell and Rebecca. We all ate lunch at home before going to the library together to get some work done. I knew I needed to be in a studious environment if I was going to get all of my posts for the week written. Once I finished that for the most part, I went for a walk and talked on the phone with my parents and caught up with a friend before running to Trader Joe’s to get flowers for the following days’ photoshoot. Once I finished that, I came home to put away laundry and prepare for the week. 

I’m interested to see how this week does pan out given that I have to back to back shoots and then head to market in Atlanta for work for the first time. If, for some reason, any of y’all have ever gone and have tips for making the most out of your experience, PLEASE fill me in! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished