Whenever I ask on twitter (@prepinyourstep) which posts y'all are dying to see I always get at least one response that is asking me to do a makeup routine or makeup favorites kind of post. This kind of surprises me because I don't really dedicate much time to my makeup on a daily basis but since y'all are intrigued I am happy to share! I have put together my favorite makeup products in the image below although it is SUPER rare for me to wear all of these products at one time.
Eyeshadow and eyeliner are typically reserved for special events and the same goes for foundation I am a huge fan of tinted moisturizer! Oh, and lipstick is terrifying to me so I stick to a tinted chapstick! Maybe one day I'll learn techniques but for now this is as complex as it gets!
1. Trish McEvoy Eyeshadow Palette (also adore this bobbi brown one!) : I love palettes like this because it puts all of the neutral eyeshadow colors I could need conveniently in one container which is so great for travel! The color in both of the palettes I adore are super pigmented and last a long time without falling all over the rest of your face (something I always get nervous about when wearing eyeshadow!).
2. Benefit They're Real Mascara: This mascara is so great at lengthening your lashes and the brush does an awesome job of separating individual lashes. I need a new tube of it because I've nearly finished the one I have now.
3. J. Edwards Concealer: I never put concealer on blemishes I have because I feel like it makes them stand out even more however this creamy concealer is PERFECT for use under my eyes after I have stayed up a bit too late. As you can see I have hit the bottom of the container and will definitely be getting a new one when I completely run out.
4. Bare Minerals Liquid Foundation: When applied with this brush this foundation looks super natural and has really great coverage (although I am used to only wearing tinted moisturizer). I wear this when I have an event to go to but I am sure it would look great on a regular basis if you are looking for a more full face of makeup. I use two drops and it covers my entire face and neck!
5. Pixie Bronzer: Bronzer had always scared me until I found this stuff. It is the best and gives a light natural color to your face. I put a tiny bit on my cheekbones before applying blush and it really brightens up my entire face.
6. Baby Lips Color Chapstick: As I said earlier, lipstick scares me. This stuff on the other hand gives such a great natural color to your lips without the fear of messing up and having to start over. It also is a wonderful moisturizer!
7. Maybelline Babyskin Primer: I don't use primer all the time but when I do I use this amazing drugstore one. I love the way it feels on my face and it really does help my makeup stay on longer than if I haven't applied primer (I've heard it is a dupe for this one).
8. Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara: I always use Benefit's They're Real but when I want my lashes to be even more defined I put this on first! It does a great job of making my eye lashes look more full!
9. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: This is my second tube of this product and when I say it lasts forever I completely mean it. I have been using it since second semester of my senior year of high school and I am only on my second tube. I apply it with this beauty blender and like that while it is still very light it covers up some imperfections. I use this daily and know that I will continue to use it for years to come, definitely worth investing!
10. Bobbi Brown Powder Blush (in desert pink): This is the most natural looking blush ever. Even if I don't want to do makeup I can put a little bit of this on my cheeks and call it a day. It gives a natural flush and highlights my freckles which I like!
11. Nars Blush: This blush is great if you want a bit of sparkle and shimmer on your cheeks! When I am going for a more full makeup look I put this on before my bobbi brown blush and they are great alone and even better together!
12. Bare Minerals Powder: This is a great foundation when you aren't really in the mood for makeup but realize you need it and also works great as a powder. I can take a small brush and get a little bit of it and use it as my concealer and it does a great job as that. You can also use this as an all over powder after a foundation. Super versatile and has always been present in my makeup drawer ever since I started wearing makeup. (My mom swears by it too and mom knows best!)
13. Same as number 9, oops!
14. Stilla Midnight Blue Eyeliner Pencil: Awesome color, smooth application, and easy to touch up which is exactly what I need! I bought this in this set (such a good deal) and adore all the colors but especially this one, it really makes your eyes pop!
Not pictured is the best cream eyeshadow ever! While it is a bit more expensive than some it is the best looking shimmer eye shadow I have ever seen. My friend Caroline always wears it and her eye makeup always looks so great because of it and it is the only product she uses! The best part, the application is so simple!!
I hope this answered any of your questions about my makeup you could have possibly wondered! If you try out any of these products let me know and be sure to share your favorites in the comments so I can try them out as well!